cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it the right time for me to get SAP SD Certification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone!!!

For the past few days, I have been thinking alot about taking my career to a new step and get SAP SD certification.

But before venturing further into it, let me briefly explain about my Background.

I am a marketing Post Graduate and an MBA with an Experience of 10 months in the field of Sales and Business Development, in the Wellness Industry. (I have attached my curriculum vitae for you all to study and help me in selecting the right path)

As of now, I think of two possible ways of going about the SAP Certification. (Since I have more or less decided to do it anyway)

1. To get more experience in the domain and then get the certification

2. To get the certification right away

I should also declare this before hand that i have no hands on experience with any of the ERP software in practice today. But i do know little bit about Tally. And, if I have to get that before taking us SAP Certification, then that would mean searching for a new job and working in the new job for some time to get to know the basics.

Also, after visiting the SAP Academy in my city, they offered me two options -

a) ILT (Instructor Led Training)

b) E Learning

I wanted to know if there will be a vast difference between the learning outcome from these two, and which one should i prefer joining. Its just that, If i go for the ILT, I will have to quit my job, where as on the other hand, I can pursue the course without leaving the job, but within 200 Hrs of Campus E Learning.

Also, considering my background, is Sales and Distribution the correct module for me or should i consider doing any other course.

Apart from all the above, is there ANYTHING ELSE i am missing?

Kindly show me the light.

Thanks and Regards,

Vedansh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vwdansh,

generally SD modules are taken by MBA or related professionals because of having a domain knowledge in Sales and Distribution area, so your choice is good, however there are some more functional module exits in SAP which can be taken as an career option like CRM etc, for details about the major SAP functional module you can search on Google on in SCN.

When it comes to taking a training , you can opt for weekends classes as it is a suitable option for a working proffessional, the concern is that while having a online training , you may face some problem in which online suggestion will not provide you any fruitful meanings as your learnings, so a classroom training should be prefferable.

As you have working experiences so i will suggest you to take training from any authorised training center, ask the councellor that you wants weekends classes so that your present work will not get interrupted.

Finally, SD module is a right choice for you but once you should search some more major module that may suits you, because in SD there are so many people already working, but its not the case with CRM.

If you have any further query, please revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev!!

Thanks for the reply. I also wanted to know, whether I should wait some more and take more experience before the Course or is this time good for doing it? Again, I have an experience or around 10 Months.

Thanks in Advance.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vedansh,

it will always be more fruitful if you have 2 or 3 yrs. of experience and then added advantage of Certifications.