cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP program parallel processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear team,

(Not sure if I have opened this message at correct place)

We have A program (forecasting that is related to Production planning). It runs country wise.

We have it running for Country XYZ where there are many plants; the job runs without any glitch to system.

Same program runs for another country at different time. (with different variant). Problem arises here..... All the dialog work process gets clogged with the Sequential read of table swequeue. Also Internal RFC destinations (those pointing towards Application server of ECC and 'NONE') get occupied in SM58.

When this job runs; It is impossible to login to system or even put another tcode. (simply system has no free dialog work process).

What could be reason ? in sm58 I see that all transaction are either running or recorded or error like Comm. table full (that is cause gateway comm. limit)

All I see in SM58 is the Function module IDOCs_OUTPUT_VIA_XML_HTTP is running in parallel.

Please help.

Regards,

Arthur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You could use instance parameter rdisp/rfc_use_quotas to enforce the RFC quotas and use parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp  to avoid having all dialog workprocess being used by RFC.

74141 - Resource Management for tRFC and aRFC

527481 - tRFC or qRFC calls are not processed

Check also parameters rdisp/max_comm_entries, rdisp/max_arq and rdisp/appc_ca_blk_no that sets the size of communication buffers.

3223 - Number of WP and APPC blocks

384971 - System parameters for high interface load

Check also the RFC group definition in transaction RZ12

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yves,

Thanks for the great deal of help. However if that applies to one program then it could have applied to another also. But then that is not the case.

Regards,

Arthur

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you do not have other programs that use that much of parallelism...

By default parallel groups defined in RZ12 should include some quota rules to avoid saturating the dialog process...

Have a look at parameter rdisp/rfc_check, I had to set it from default 1 to 2 in a similar scenario.

With the default value (1) only asynchronous RFC calls are restricted, with (2) the quotas are also applied for synchronous RFC calls.

Regard

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/76/992c1f8731514c8467e77f115796c7/content.htm

Level 2: Monitors, additionally to level 1, all RFCs started anew from asynchronous RFC sessions. This includes synchronous RFCs.So that applications that transmit a lot of RFCs can run at this level, the number of dialog processes used for RFCs may have to be increased. (rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp may have to be reduced).

Increase the value if you notice that your application server becomes flooded with RFCs and dialog mode is no longer possible, even though you have set rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the program causing this issue a custom "Z-program" or standard SAP?  If it is custom, you need to go back to the developer and ask/tell them to sort out their parallel logic.  If it is standard SAP I'd be digging around OSS and potentially raising a call.

I would bet some money that this is a custom program...

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is man....But you see, it runs at 7 pm with variant which has more selection. it runs very much properly; But same job runs at 9:30 pm and causes serial access to table SWEQUEUE

This is quite issue. Today also when some user ran one job that was irrelevant to this job; same thing happened. All of a sudden the processes are hitting the table swequeue and system goes slow as dialog work processes are consumed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it isn't happening with just one program, I'd guess you have a bigger issue with your your system is configured?

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gereth,

System does works fine all the time. Its just as started since last couple of weeks. and only at 9:30 pm job is creating this issue. Any way thanks for your help. let me get some headings from  SAP also.

regards,

Basis Team