Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unplanned service in SES is not updating Commitment value of Project/Network

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we create service entry sheet for unplanned Service with reference of Service PO, this will get account assignment same as of Service PO.

when we create service entry sheet for unplanned and save without acceptance so this is not updating commitment but when we accept this service than this becomes Actual Cost.

so i want to know why this commitment value is not updating in CJI5 report. if this is possible than please let me know the solution.

Please help.

thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As long as the SES has not been released (For an unplanned service) against a network, the system shall continue to show the commitment value in cji5 report. Only if the SES has been released, the system shall not show any commitment value.

Regards

Varun

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor

Hi Varun,

for unplanned service system will not calculate any commitment or actual till unaccepted.

when unplanned service get accepted than system will update actual and commitment will decrease from existing.

thanks

Sunil

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

What I understood from your query is that you are creating unplanned SES for service PO and it is taking the account assignment from service PO and after posting SES it is giving rise to actual cost but it is not increasing commitment value in PO by the amount for which you have done SES.

I think it is correct and standard behavior of system. As the cost flows from PR to PR then to GRN/SES and reverse is not possible unless there is a cancellation of material documents.

Regards

Saurabh

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

when we create SES we have to release that to Post GR for that SES and in this actual cost get posted.

Now point is:- client is creating SES and directly save without release so this SES will appear like RED dot in left side. so this is updating only SES in PO History. values are not affecting either commitment or actual or PO value. so this cost will not be updated in report CJI5

Now query is to update that commitment in report CJI5.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please check Actual line item in CJI3.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayendra,

thanks for your reply but i need unplanned SES without acceptance (Not Released you can say) will get updated in CJI5.

if SES get release or accepted than GR will create so actual cost will be updated and we can check in CJI3.

thanks

Sunil

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Are you sure that it should update values in commitment in CJI5?

SES is a part of actual cost posted with ML81N,when accepted,acts as a MIGO (ultimately an actual cost).

Even for a PR, if we held a PO then PR status tab will show the PO number but commitments shall not be transferred to PO until it is created and saved properly.

Moving forward,we have SES and if we don't release it, neither it will transfer commitment into actual nor it will give rise to commitment in PO, when unreleased (SES).

Why do you want to increase commitment for unplanned SES when you have a service PO in place already?

Regards

Saurabh

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

ideally system should add commitment to Network because this contain account assignment as network.

But as this is unplanned service and can be used along with existing or as extra work for planned service, so when we accept this service this will reduce existing commitment and add actual cost to network.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SES will be updated as actual cost against WBS as its standard. Upto PR/PO will be in commitment only.

Regards

Shishir