cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on SAP PI 7.4. Please let me know if my understanding is correct about CBMA

• We can create multiple Consumer but its not useful
  • Because we can schedule alertJob only once where we provide the mailId and Consumer
  • Please let me know the use of creating Multiple Alert Rule. I can add all configuration scenario under one rule right?whether it is to choose runtime conmponents
  • If we need to send alerts  specific to interfaces then we need to duplicate the alert job and provide another Consumer

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can create multiple Consumer but its not useful

>>> It is usefull, when you want to send interface specific alerts

Because we can schedule alertJob only once where we provide the mailId and Consumer

>>> You can have separate jobs for each consumer?

Please let me know the use of creating Multiple Alert Rule. I can add all configuration scenario under one rule right?whether it is to choose runtime conmponents

>>> Again the same thing, when you to aggregate the alerts specific to interface/process area then you'll go for multiple alert rules.

If we need to send alerts  specific to interfaces then we need to duplicate the alert job and provide another Consumer

>>> Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

i am trying to generate the alerts using CBMA for interface specific.

I have created two different rules (Rule A - interface A and Rule B - Interface B) and selected the check box for central integration Engine, Central adapter Engine and ABAP proxy and selected all check boxes for adapter types from Extended tab for both alert rules. i am using different consumers for different alert rules and job scheduled for each consumer.

If  any message failed in ABAP proxy for interface A or Interface B, the alert is logging for both the rules and both consumers are getting same alert email.

can you advise how can we restrict the alert to relevant alert rules (interface specific)?

Rule A

RuleB:

Regards,
Siva.

Answers (0)