Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local client copy with warnings and errors

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing a local client copy and is still running . There are a few large tables which have not been copied successfully and is shown under "Warnings and Error". The tables show "Program Cancel (See SM21)". In SM21 , I find the workprocess was disconnected from the database.

Now my questions is , once all the remaining tables complete , will I be given an option to repeat the copy for the failed tables only. The system is 6 TB and it is running for more than 15 days now.

Please suggest.

Regards

Ratnajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

you should also observe your PSAPTEMP tablespace.

Regards.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Now my questions is , once all the remaining tables complete , will I be given an option to repeat the copy for the failed tables only

No. If the copy process was terminated then you could have restarted the process from the point it got terminated. This is not possible once the copy has been completed.

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

Copy a system of 6TB size using client copy is not recommended. For such system even SAP_CUST profile also take huge time.

1) What is this system where you perform client copy and using which profile

2) What is the system resources in terms of CPU and RAM ?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnajit,

If you determine that some tables should not be copied during a client copy, you may exclude them. Run tcode SA38 -> RSCCEXPT. The report displays the exception list where you have to include the table that must not be copied due to technical reasons. Keep in mind that the flag in the display behind the table should be marked with 'X'. (see Note 70290) and repeat the client copy.

Regards,

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

will I be given an option to repeat the copy for the failed tables only

No, it doesn't ask you to repeat copy only for failed tables.

The system is 6 TB and it is running for more than 15 days now

What is the requirement to do such BIG client copy?

Regards,

Nick Loy