cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report 2013 Merge Module

Former Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the simple question. I've already searched the forum and googled for the answer of my question but still cant find the answer. Where can i find or download the Crystal Report 2013 merge module? What I've found in the forum is this one . But i'm using other application for my development not VS2010. Need some advice guys.

Thanks,

Clint

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you expand on this?

But i'm using other application for my development not VS2010. Need some advice guys.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were using Visual Fox pro and we are using SAP Crystal Report 13 for the report. My concern is when i'm going to deploy my application to my client.Will it work if i'm going to add the merge module file to my package from this link ? Because it say its for Visual Studio and Framework 4.0.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that depends. Are you using "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" in your VF app? E.g.; I am not familiar with FP - does it support the .NET SDKs? Or perhaps a better question yet; what CR files are you referencing in your VF app?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from work. I asked the previous developer. They told me they're using .NET to call the Crystal Report 2013 in VF. Yes we use the SAP Crystal Reports Developer Version for Visual Studio.NET. When i check they reference this C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll. Back from my previous concern.

My concern is when i'm going to deploy my application to my client.Will it work if i'm going to add the merge module file to my package from this link SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloads? Because it say its for Visual Studio and Framework 4.0.

Do i really need to change my target framework to 4.0 in VS2010 and add the framework 4.0 dependency in my package?

Thank you for your reply......

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clint

Somehow, you will need to get the CR runtime on the computers. You can use the msm, msi or click once (copying the files will not work). MSI is nice in that it is self contained and includes all the VC++ dependencies. Due to licensing restrictions, msm does not and you have to ensure the VC++ runtime is on those machines (often it is already these days). As for the framework, no, you do not need to change the target framework. CRVS will work with frm 2 to 4.5

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir Ludek for your time.Really appreciate it. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir Ludek i m having an issue in crystal report ...

my project is working fine on developer machine but when i copy this software on client machine ,rest of the project works fine except crystal reports ... got an error , failed to open connection , error code 17 ... m stuck badly , kindly guide me what to do ... ? thanking in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your reply dated Jun 19, do you suggest to download MSI or click once from the following link for CR runtime?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends...

For web apps, MSI would be the way to go.

For WIN apps, you can go via the MSM (32 bit only) or MSI, or ClickOnce. The MSI and ClickOnce come in both 32 and 64 bit flavors.

The advantage of clickonce is that you can set it up in such a way that when there are any updates for CRVS released, thee will be automatically pushed on to the user's computer. Now, so me may not think this is an advantage (think MS updates - some people like this to be automatic, other abhor the thought.)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I would like to confirm the components required for Development Environment and Production Environment.

Development Environment:

1) Crystal Report 2013 SP4 (I believe SP4 is the latest Service Pack for Crystal Report 2013 as no download available for Service Pack 6)

2) Support Pack 14 as per below image

Production Environment/End User Environment:

1) MSI as per above image for Support Pack 14

Do we need to have any runtime for Visual Studio for Crystal Report 2013 And/or Crystal Report Viewer 2013 on either Development and / or Production Environment?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Mukesh Nagda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re. SP Crystal Reports 2013. If you look at the downloads portal, you will see that indeed SP 6 for CR 2013 is there:

Now. In all of this, you are confusing Crystal reports 2013 (version 14.1.x) with "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio", version 13.0.x

See the following as it may clear up the confusion:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Appreciate your prompt response.

We have followed link suggested by you for understanding .NET SDKs "How do you spell confusion.."

We are still not very clear on what is required for production environment. It would be great if you can please advise us.

Thank you,

Mukesh Nagda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need the CR runtime. Your options are the MSI, MSM or ClickOnce. Which one you use depends on your situation.

MSM is only 32 bit.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Installed runtime to the system.

In my application I have used DataDefController & DatabaseController of ReportAppServer DLL.

If I use application on box where I have installed runtime, I am getting error that File not found.

What could be the reason? Does runtime installer does not install all these DLLs?

Thank you,

Mukesh Nagda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide us with a list of all the CR / RAS assemblies referenced in your project and the version of each one?

Also, specifically what file did you actually use to deploy the CR runtime? Please provide link and name

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have downloaded runtime from below URL:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_14.zip

At present we have used following DLLs in our application.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Mukesh Nagda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please re-read my last reply. I asked for three pieces of information. You provided two...

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of the dll is: 13.0.2000.0

Please let us know if you need more details.

Thank you,

Mukesh Nagda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like you to run Process Monitor and see what the logs tell you. Search the log for "Access Denied" and then see if you can allow access to the folder, reg key or file.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clint,

Please have a look at these blogs from Ludek:

How do you spell confusion; CR for VS, Crystal 2011, BI 4.x and the .NET SDKs

So, what's up with CR 2011 and .NET SDK - actually, any SDK?

P.S: Both these blogs apply to CR 2013 as well.

-Abhilash