cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Order Entry - Business Partner Search / Suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is there a way to configure the Business Partner suggestion as shown on the screenshot? Is it somehow possible that I enter the name of the partner , lets say 'miller' and the system automatically suggest the corresponding business partner 1000US_A40 (= Miller Furniture )? Or is the only way to use F4? The goal is to manually create an order as fast as possible, therefore the search with F4 is too time consuming.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

01a02b03c
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

There is a customizing, in which you can activate the so called “Combined Search” for input fields for BPs or Org.Units.

See this blog how to implement:

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/01/20/businesspartner-and-orgunit-search-in-sap-tm-uis/

Prerequisite: notes 2205284 and 2198536

Use transaction SM34 for the view cluster /SCMB/VC_TYASH in case the following customizing node is not yet available.

Regards,

René Criellaard

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Below different options might help you.

1.There is a new and nice feature available with TM 9.0(With latest FPM service pack) i.e If you enable the 'Suggest Values' property for any UI element,system will give you recently accessed/used data when you start entering the value.

2.Another nice feature i.e Maintenance of personal value list in F4 help. If you maintain personal value list, they will be displayed as hit list.

3. If you still want to customize the suggest values feature, probably you should check the FPM element properties. To do that, follow below steps.

Launch  the component configuration in customizing mode (WD application - CUSTOMIZE_COMPONENT) -> Select the UI input field for which you want to set this behavior -> You will see properties/attributes of an element selected -> You will see one of  the properties are 'Filter method' and 'Suggest values'. May be you can try to explore possible values(Contains search and Prefix search) for 'Filter Method' property.

4.If you still can't achieve, we might have to check programmatically if any possibility to achieve this by enhancing some objects.

Unfortunately we never get such requirement, so can't guide you exactly. But I could provide you above insights.

Best Regards,

Bharath.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've noticed that in my use of the system, in similar scenarios for example; selecting a resource it will only suggest items based on the specific field you're entering.

With our resources (vehicles, trailers) the Fleet ID number is used as the identifier field but the operational staff tend to refer to equipment by it's registration number. So if we try to type in the registration number (a different field), the suggested values do not recognise it.

The screen capture above in the original post appears to display this as well - field holds the identifier number but the request is for part of the description field to be entered and used within the suggested values. The connection here is that the description field is similar to our registration field in that they aren't the primary identifier fields.

In regards to Bharath's suggestions, (1) appears to already be enabled since the suggested values have popped up. The questions is whether or not a search term relating to a field (that isn't the Ordering Party ID) can be typed and the suggested values will recognise the connection.

Granted, I understand this isn't an answer. I simply wanted to weigh in on this discussion as I face a similar issue that we're unsure of how to solve.

Regards

Justin