cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is hierarchical SU Management possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

my requirement is to follow stocks in boxes and pallets. Boxes will be on pallet.

Is it possible to put boxes as storage unit on pallets?

Is there any standard way to define boxes and pallets as storage unit and assign them together?

Thanks in advance.

Deniz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your question,
do you want to create nested storage units (this is not possible, but you can have nested HUs),
or you want to somehow have two storage unit types in one storage unit (e.g. box+pallet) - this is not possible.
Could you clarify the question please?

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is impossible to maintain top HU and nested HUs as Storage Units at the same time in WM.

Although you can manage nested HUs in WM (for example, during a partial TO confirmation you will have to confirm the boxes to be picked from pallet), that detail is just available in the HU, not in the SU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deniz ,

SU , HU management functionalities can be availed for same.

Nested HU's are possible ,  feasibility of same needs to be tested to comply with WM .

Thanks

Jinoy

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define box as base unit of measure and pallet as WM unit of measure . Define conversion parameter in material master (e.g. 1 PAL= 1 PAL , 10 BOX = 1 PAL)

Update material master WM1 view with Base UoM (BOX) and WM UoM (PAL) also Maintain a conversion factor in material master Wm2 view ( how many box you can store on one pallet)