cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP MS Internal Port numbering on distributed HA system (7.40)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario

Setting up a distributed 7.40 SAP HA system with several instance on different servers - i.e. ASCS, DB, ERS, PAS, AAS

Question.

Should the internal ABAP message server port (rdisp/msserv_internal) be set as the same value in the ASCS, PAS and AAS (for application server communications).... or can you just have different port numbers with the usual 39xx (i.e. with instance number for xx) format

?

(Assumption: that you can retain a different numbering for each as PAS and AAS also include message server functionality)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please use CSC message server instance number Ex. 39XX

-Yogesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

Kindly refer the screen shot

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS - yes I've already read that - the reason for my question is that I do not see that it answers it.

My point is that in a 7.40 HA setup both the ASCS and PAS have message server components.

So then should they both have the same internal port parameterised? (both installs ask for it)

Or does it not matter?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, both will have same internal port parameters. at the time of you CI installation it will create by default.  you no need to define this parameters. once your HA setup completed you can check this parameter in transaction code RZ11

BR

SS

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

yes the values have to be the same on both PAS and AAs because MS is part of ASCS. Look at the picture of transaction SMMS of our system (sorry is german language).

Hope it helps.

(ASCS Sys.Nr = 02)

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Former Member
0 Kudos

My query is because during HA installation sequence (this is 7.40 SR1   AKA   7.41) you are asked for the internal ABAP port during ASCS installation - then again during PAS installation. Why ask twice?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie

It may prompt to know the port details based on you ABAP instance on both nodes installation, you can simply process next button. Node 1 - CI & Node 2 - DI(Application server)

BR

SS