cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating critical role or profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I try to create a critical role I input the system: ECC, Role Name: ABZ and Ruleset (I select from the dropdown "Test Rule").  When I try to save, the ruleset field changes to red and I get the message  "The entered value is not on the list of valid values".  Not sure how thats possible when I just selected from the dropdown.  I tried creating a new "rule set" and then the system lets me save the critical role but I can't create for the actual rule set that I needed.  have anyone seen anything like this before? or know the reason for why is happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry it took so long to reply back but I finally got the answer and there were several parts to this issue.  The first problem was the Ruleset ID we decided to create was too long for the amount of characters allowed on the ID (ABCGlobal) so when we upload the file the system accepted it with no complains but changed the name to "ABCGloba" (so it remoed the "L") and when trying to match the reference it didn't find the ID.  The second problem was capital letters.  The ID needs to be in capital letters and we had part of the name in lower case but again when doing the upload the system don't complains but when trying to create critical profiles it doesn't recognize the ID.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for letting us all know the cause.

It might be worth raising this as an incident with SAP if their upload program is not validating field lengths and case sensitivity?

Regards

Colleen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hey Jonathan... had the same issue back in the day.  Our ruleset was being maintained by an external consulting firm, updated on their system and the files supplied to us to load. Pretty much got-around it by doing the same; created a temp rule set and loaded rules to it.  Created "GLOBAL" online and then reassigned all Risks to it - manually. No more problem but a good amount of leg work.  By chance were your ruleset files created/updated externally from your system?  This occurred back in the SP08 and lower days.  Current system - SP14 - we do no have the issue but we also control/maintain our own risks/rulesets.  Good luck, let me know if you get an official resolution.

Chris

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting error while creating Role or role set. Both are defirrent. Role set is not require to create  new role. If you want to create new role set then copy old one and try.

thanks,

Arif

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Which SP are you on. I manged to create one without issues

Have you checked SLG1 logs or ST22 to see if there is any further information for what's happened

When you entered all values - system, role, ruleset, etc - did you choose the drop down for each? Do any of them  have potential duplicate names/labels that may be causing the issue

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im still having this issue, anyone knows a possible solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you generated the rules for all the risks in the ruleset that is giving you an error ?