cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum character output size limit reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

While importing data in Lumira using HANA based universes I am getting an error maximum character output size limit reached. Will appreciate any info on which server parameter controls this property. Attached the error message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I believe Henry Banks discovered a solution for resolving this kind of error message. This is a limit which can be changed from within the "Web Intelligence Processing Server" from your CMC based on large amount of rows in your data. You can find his post about this here.

It's roughly about half way down the page and I hope it helps.

-Khuram

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Khuram,

The workaround is also documented as part of the release restriction notes. Please take a look.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some restrictions/guidance for acquiring large universes outlined in the Lumira 1.15 release note at http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1970935

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I am also face same issue with Universe Data Source(Data base  SQL Server 2008).

In Universe contains 5,90,000 records and I am limit to 50,000 records in universe.

Lumira Version: 1.30

Please share your valuable inputs

Thanks,

Chandra.K

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandra - this is a closed, old thread.

Please search for this question and if you cannot find it, create a new discussion, sharing links searched, version of BI, etc.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This being a 2 year old thread, it would have been better to create a new Discussion, perhaps referencing this one. Next time please

For now; Did you follow the instructions posted by Khuran and Antoine?

Are you seeing the issue in the Lumira Desktop or when using BI Platform?

Do you get the error when creating the doc or when refreshing the doc?

See if adding these parameters to the SAPLumira.ini and / or increasing them will help:

-Dhilo.maxvizdatasetsize=

-Dhilo.biggermaxvizdatasetsize=

Finally, I'd highly recommend updating to Lumira 1.31.1

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

harjeetjudge
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are likely not using the Universe Query Panel extension In Lumira.  If you use the default Universe connector that comes with Lumira, you are likely to run into this issue if pulling large dataset.  The Universe connector(deprecated way of connecting) uses Webi server behind the scenes so the character size limit can be increase on WEBI server in the BI platform.  The Universe Query Panel extension for Lumira doesn't use the WEBI server.

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much

As my problem solved