cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 SP11 Config in Solman_setup system preparation at step 5.4 Set Authentication Policy for Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in the upgrade project of Solution Manager 7.1 SP11 in windows Environment.

While doing Configuration in System Preparation Phase at step 5.4 " Set Authentication Policy for Agents " I see Zero Authenticated Agents. [Look for following image]

I even dont see the Diagnostic Agent of Soution Manager itself in agent Administartion. [ look for following 2 image]

I have installed the DAA for solution mamager and the following image is from MMC

Please give suggestions like how to proceed, We have go-live very soon.

thanks,

Raja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for your valuable replies.

This is how i solved my issue.

Even though i tried the scripts mentioned above with the user SMD_AGT it didnt work for me. It shows the task completed, but the agents never showed up or got registered in Solman Conifg. But the following steps solved my issue.

1. Goto Agent Administration Turn OFF the maintenence mode.

2. Unintsall DAA completely and re-install it again. During the installation instead of SMD_AGT or SMD_ADMIN i used J2EE_ADMIN user. [ with this i was able to connect the DAA to Solman and i didnt use any script here]

3. but i have to use the script for registering the DAA in SLD. I ran this script by logging in OS as DAAADM user. the script:

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"mySLDhost.domain.corp" port:"50000" user:"SLDDSUSER"

pwd:"xxxxxx"  [ please follow the note: 1913837]

I am not exactly sure if this will work for everyone, and i dont have correct answer why the mentioned scripts of sunny and suhel in above comments didnt work for me. Hope it helps.

thanks,

Raja.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please run the script to register the diagnostic agent to the Solution Manager SLD at first, after that execute the script for managingconf.

1. smdsetup sldconf           hostname:"<fqn>" port:"<HTTP/HTTPS port>" [user:"<value>" pwd:"<value>"] [use_ssl:"true"]

2. smdsetup managingconf      hostname:"sapms://<fqn>" port:"<MS HTTP/HTTPS port>" [user:"<value>" pwd:"<value>"] [use_ssl:"true"]

Regards

Sunny

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At the time on DAA installtion which option you selected for registration

1. Register in existing central SLD, if yes then DAA will be available in SLD. From SLD you need to pull it in solman

OR

2. NO SLD destination, If yes then did you gave solman host and port in next step of installtion?

if you  want to register directly in solman you can use the following script

A)STOP the SMD Agent  by the SAP MMC.

B). Open a prompt command and navigate to the script folder inside of the agent path: usr/sap/<SID_AGT>/SMDAXX/script

C). Run the smdsetup script

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://solman.full.qual.host.name" port:"81<AA>" user:"SMD_AGT" pwd:"XXXXXXXX"

where<AA> is SCS instance number of java stack in solman

D) Start the agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Suhel.

We installed Solman 7.1 around 3 years ago, but we just installed and never configured. We used that as CUA with another client. Now we upgraded it to latest SP11 from basic version.

As per your reply,  since we didnt config initially i went to option 2. [ no SLD destination.]. As the installed DAA is old one, i uninstalled it and re-installed new one and followed as u mentioned in option 2. i have given fully qualified domain name and port number.[81XX, where XX is SCS java stack instance number]. but here instead of SMD_AGT i used J2EE_ADMIN.

Please take a look at this SMDsystem0.log text file that i attached and let me know what you think, i believe this log information will give me more accurate answer from you and i will follow your suggestion.

thank u so much,

Raja

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The agent does not start since secstore.properties files is missing. I will suggest you to login at OS level with DAAadm user and run the script with user SMD_AGT mentioned by me in my previous reply. if you want you can reset the SMD_AGT password in step 1 of system preparation guided procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhel,

I reset the password of SMD_AGT and run the script as you mentioned. But i still got few errors. The following is the screenshot of that. i think we are very close to solution...

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

can you paste the command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhel,

Here is the command script that i used: smdsetup managingconf hostname:”sapms://prdctwvspso01.prod-am.ameritrade.com”port:”8101”user:”SMD_AGT”pwd:”XXXXXXX”

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

issue is caused by incorrect syntax in the smdsetup command.
Please make sure that a space character exists between the command parameters.

Between Host and Port is an space.