Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Development & Test Systems as a CUA Target or Child System?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently running GRC 10 SP12 in a three tier environment.  We use GRC 10 to provision to our Production SAP Systems.  We use CUA to provision to our Development and Test SAP Systems.  The question has been asked if we could configure the GRC 10 Development and Test Systems as Target or Child Systems in our CUA Landscape.  So we could use CUA to provision to the GRC 10 Development and Test Systems.  I am wondering if this is a recommended or doable scenario?    If someone has knowledge in this area and can provide input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sue:

You can certainly do that as it would be an ABAP system, however, adding CUA to the mix adds a good level of complexity to your environment. My recommendation would be that if you don't need to have it attached to CUA then don't.

The use of CUA and AC really is a duplication of effort and in most cases, I recommend the sunsetting of CUA as from an End user standpoint, it makes no difference on how the user creates the request, but from an Administration / System side adds maintenance that in the end would not truly be necessary.

In the end, it really is up to you to determine the best route, but I am of the school that with Access Control, CUA can become totally irrevelant.

Cheers,

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sue:

You can certainly do that as it would be an ABAP system, however, adding CUA to the mix adds a good level of complexity to your environment. My recommendation would be that if you don't need to have it attached to CUA then don't.

The use of CUA and AC really is a duplication of effort and in most cases, I recommend the sunsetting of CUA as from an End user standpoint, it makes no difference on how the user creates the request, but from an Administration / System side adds maintenance that in the end would not truly be necessary.

In the end, it really is up to you to determine the best route, but I am of the school that with Access Control, CUA can become totally irrevelant.

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sue,

Sure this can happen perfectly , you can use CUA as the provisioning system and then it will provision in the child system automatically, the configuration is also being provided there.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue

Q. The question has been asked if we could configure the GRC 10 Development and Test Systems as Target or Child Systems in our CUA Landscape.

Yes, You can use CUA to provision to your GRC 10 development and test system or you can make them as target/ Child system.

Q. I am wondering if this is a recommended or doable scenario?

Yes, In our one of client system landscape it is there as we are provisioning from GRC prod but for GRC test and Dev we configured that with CUA. understanding here in this point is that GRC test and prod will be used by GRC team from IT and Business side as no routine business user is involved here. Also for testing purpose we are connecting only one or two system with GRC test and development system.

Hope this will give clear picture and still if there is any question please specify that with more details

Thanks

0 Kudos

hi All,

Do we have a step by step guide for CUA to GRC10 set up for ARM?