Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU creation in EWM using ECC Shipment

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can someone help me with correct steps to create shipment in ECC which can create TU in EWM using standard IDoc interface?

I followed steps as per help.sap, integration between ECC & EWM is fine. I could see the shipment IDoc in EWM but it is getting failed. After debugging I have realized that I should not pack HUs into Container while creating shipment in ECC.

But is that correct process?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

0 Kudos

HI Sasidhar,

I have configured the inbound and outbound partner profile and port number also. But Idoc is not created. If you have done this step and have any copy would you please share to me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar

Yes correct.

Just create shipment>> which will create TU in EWM. and if you put vehicle no  then it will create vehicle.

Shipment + Del = TU + Del and vehicle if you updated veh no.

Regards

Suraj

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

I was under an impression that

If I pack cases (like below) into container then only TU gets created

0. Container

1. Case

2. Material

and if I pack container into Vehicle then only vehicle gets created

0. Vehicle

1. Container

2. Case

3. Material

With this impression, after adding delivery to shipment, I used to go to Pack screen in shipment (vt01n) and pack like above.

if I understood you correctly, you were saying we don't need to maintain this heirarchy just add deliveries and enter vehicle# to create vehicle in EWM or just add deliveries to shipment to create TU in EWM. Is that correct?

But if I don't create HU for container in packing screen (vt01n), (segment E1EDT37 in shipment IDoc) TU is not getting created in EWM.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating shipment you need to put HU details in hu tab in Vt01n.

Assign the del and save.

system will create  TU and assign del in EWM.

for veh

EWM >>Cross process setting >>shipping and Rec>>Gen setting >>define control parameter for forming veh/TU

MTR + Veh + NR +/scwm/veh + def owner

/scwm/mtr_DO >> def owner .

now in EWM >master data >>S and R>>YM>>link pak+mtr

this is the setting which control Veh and TU creation.

If u flag optional then >>NO TU

If 1 to 1 relation you want then put 1 - 1entry in this table and de flag Cnt PM.

Check and update.

Hope it will be help full.

also check action and other PPF activity properly.

Regards

Suraj

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

While creating shipment you need to put HU details in hu tab in Vt01n.

Assign the del and save.

system will create  TU and assign del in EWM.

Thanks for confirmation. Can we automate putting HU in vt01n?

Also we create shipment for inbound deliveries, for outbound deliveries we create TU in EWM which creates shipment in ECC. For outbound scenario, I have a problem with IDoc. Both GI posting and IDoc generation are getting triggered at the same time and since IDoc uses tRFC there is lock issue while updating delivery in ECC.

Can we delay IDoc transfer by 5 min?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"For outbound scenario, I have a problem with IDoc. Both GI posting and IDoc generation are getting triggered at the same time and since IDoc uses tRFC there is lock issue while updating delivery in ECC."

There is a recommendation to shedule the program RBDMANI2 to process these IDOCS in ERP.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have created the packaging material. The shipment creation is not even triggering the idol creation, is there any config that I am missing. It is a high priority issues, Any help is appreciated..

Cheers

thiru

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you ativated SHPMT message type?

Please check below link and try. We have successfully did this in our project.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/b6/5ca50ac0e647af8563f64a9bdec4d8/content.htm?f...

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru

If have already followed SAP Help, please post the error what you are getting.

Check these discussions also. Also you can check the below SAP documentation.

Define Default Values for IDoc Outbound

Use

You can use this Customizing activity to define default values for IDoc outbound that are required for the integration with the Transportation (LE-TRA) component of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP).

These master data values in SAP ERP are needed in the IDocs sent from EWM to SAP ERP. Without these values, SAP ERP does not accept the IDocs.

Note:

These default values are only used during creation or deletion of shipments in ERP. They are not used when existing shipments are changed or updated.

Requirements

You have made the following settings:

• You have defined logical systems in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver under Application Server -> IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) -> Basic Settings -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System.
    • If you use EWM as an add-on application for ERP, you have set up two logical systems: SYSTEM_1 and SYSTEM_2.
    • If you use EWM as a component of SAP Supply Chain Management (SAP SCM), you have set up one logical system in ERP for EWM and one logical system in EWM for ERP.
  • You have defined RFC destinations on the SAP Easy Access screen under Tools -> Administration -> Administration -> Network -> RFC Destinations.
    • If you use EWM as an add-on application for ERP, you have set up an RFC destination as an internal connection called NONE.
    • If you use EWM as a component of SAP SCM, you have set up an RFC destination in ERP for EWM and one in EWM for ERP.
  • You have maintained distribution models in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver under Maintain Distribution Model.
    • If you use EWM as an add-on application for ERP, you have set up an ALE distribution model to trigger the sending of the IDoc from EWM to ERP. The model view needs to be created for distribution of message type SHPMNT and SHIPPL from the logical system SYSTEM_1 to the logical system SYSTEM_2.
    • If you use EWM as a component of SAP SCM, you have set up an ALE distribution model in EWM to trigger the sending of the IDoc from EWM to ERP. The model view needs to be created for distribution of message type SHPMNT and SHIPPL from the logical system for EWM to the logical system for ERP.
  • You have maintained ALE port definitions on the SAP Easy Access screen under Tools -> ALE -> ALE Administration -> Runtime Settings -> Port Maintenance.
    • If you use EWM as an add-on application for ERP, you have set up one port. This port is called V-NONE and it carries the RFC destination NONE.
    • If you use EWM as a component of SAP SCM, you have set up a port in ERP for EWM that carries the RFC destination for EWM, and one in EWM for ERP that carries the RFC destination for ERP.
  • You have maintained ALE partner profiles on the SAP Easy Access screen under Tools -> ALE -> ALE Administration -> Runtime Settings -> Partner Profiles.
    • If you use EWM as an add-on application for ERP, you have set up two partner profiles of partner type LS (logical system).

Sending IDoc SHPMNT from ERP to EWM (triggered though message control) 

For partner logical system SYSTEM_2, you have entered the following outbound parameters:

Partner Role: LS

Message Type: SHPMNT

Message Variant: for example, ERP

On the Outbound Options tab page, you have entered the following data:

Receiver Port: for example, V_NONE

Basic Type: SHPMNT05

You have selected the Transfer IDoc Immediately radio button.

On the Message Control tab page, you have entered the following data:

Application: V7

Message Type: for example, SEWM

Process Code: SD11

Receiving IDoc SHPMNT in EWM from ERP

For the partner logical system SYSTEM_1, you have entered the following inbound parameters:

Partner Role: initial

Message Variant: for example, ERP

On the Inbound Options tab page, you have entered the following data:

Process Code: /SCWM/SHPM

Sending IDoc SHPMNT from EWM to ERP

For partner logical system SYSTEM_2, you have entered the following outbound parameters:

Message Variant: initial

Sending IDoc TPSSHT from EWM to ERP

Message Type: SHIPPL

Basic Type: TPSSHT01

You have selected the Transfer IDoc Immediately checkbox.

Receiving IDoc SHPMNT in ERP from EWM

For the partner logical system SYSTEM_1, you have entered the following inbound parameters:

Process Code: SHPM

Receiving IDoc TPSSHT in ERP from EWM

Process Code: SHIP

• If you use EWM as a component of SAP SCM, you have set up two partner profiles of partner type LS (logical system) in ERP and EWM.

Sending IDoc SHPMNT from ERP to EWM (trigger via message control)

For partner logical system for EWM, you have entered the following outbound parameters:

Partner Role: LS

Receiver Port: Port created in ERP for EWM

On the Message Control tab page, you have entered the following data:

Application: V7

Message Type: for example, SEWM

Process Code: SD11

Receiving IDoc SHPMNT in EWM from ERP

For partner logical system for ERP, you have entered the following inbound parameters:

Process Code: /SCWM/SHPM

Sending IDoc SHPMNT from EWM to ERP (triggered through ALE distribution model)

For partner logical system for ERP, you have entered the following outbound parameters:

Receiver Port: Port created in EWM for ERP

Sending IDoc TPSSHT from EWM to ERP (triggered via ALE distribution model)

For partner logical system for ERP you need to have an entry in the outbound parameters for

Receiver Port: Port created in EWM for ERP

Basic Type: TPSSHT01

Receiving IDoc SHPMNT in ERP from EWM

For the partner logical system for EWM, you have entered the following inbound parameters:

Process Code: SHPM

Receiving IDoc TPSSHT in ERP from EWM

For the partner logical system for EWM, you have entered the following inbound parameters:

Process Code: SHIP

Activities

You can define default values for IDoc outbound in the following way:

1. Enter the following data:

• Business system

Note:  

You need to define a separate shipment type in ERP. Use this shipment type for message type SHPMNT. The IDoc is only filled with this shipment type if transportation planning type is "B - Obligatory Internal Planning in EWM". This shipment type for transportation planning type B must be different from the shipment types that you use for transportation planning type "A - Obligatory External Planning in ERP". Otherwise, ERP sends an IDoc back to EWM, which is not intended within warehouse outbound processing with transportation planning in EWM.

• Transportation planning point

Note:

You need to define a separate transportation planning point in ERP, for example "0002 - Dummy for Deletion". Use this transportation planning point for message type SHIPPL. The IDoc is only processed in ERP if you define this transportation planning point in ERP as a transportation planning point for external systems. For more information, see Customizing for ERP under Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Interfaces -> External Transportation Planning Systems -> Maintain Transportation Planning Point for External Systems.

In this Customizing activity, you need to enter the logical system of EWM as the partner number of external transportation planning system, the partner type of the logical system (for example, LS), an external number range (for example, 01), and the controlling parameter for changes (for example, "00 - no restrictions for changes").

2. Save your entries.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sasidhar for the note. I have already set up the system in the way described above. When i create a shipment in ECC, and attach delivery and do th packing, i expect to see a idoc( shipment create). But i don't see it . Any thoughts on why this is not happening, anything that i might be missing from config or master data side.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru

For eg: you have packmaterial Packmat for packing products (creates HUs) and container for loading HUs, you create HUs in delivery if needed and just add container as packing material in & while creating shipment. Finally make sure that HUs are not linked to container (if you want only TU to be created). You must have already configured NACE for generating IDoc message. So when you save your shipment, in the output tab you should see output generated. Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sasidhar Gupta

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just check if any outbound Idoc is failed using WE05 for SHPMT message type. If all setting are correct for IDoc creation then system should trigger the IDoc from ECC system, and should create TU number in EWM. You can get shipment reference also in TU display transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shasidhar,

I have configured shipment  Idoc steps in ECC as you mentioned .it's successfully created and distributed to EWM (7.0), when i was trying to do the same steps in EWM  i could not find  the

Message Type: SHPMNT    &

Process Code: /SCWM/SHPM,

Could you please help on the same,

Thanks

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shashidar,

Can you outline the steps in ECC for replicating the Shipments to EWM. I tried with the settings and in ECC, when i create the shipment it doesn't replicate to EWM. Am i missing something. It is working the other way, i.e. TU creation in EWM creates a shipments in ECC, but now I want the shipments to be replicated to EWM. I would appreciate if you could outline config /master data steps.

Appreciate your help.

thanks

Thiru

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru

Have you created a packaging material and using HU type 002 in it? Also in ECC shipment are you using this packing material?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta