Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System REFRESH without REC/CLNT OFF

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert Zone

Wondering if we can do the system refresh without making any changes on REC/CLNT OFF,.

Currently it is set to ALL at the sender system/receiver system.

Also, I am curious to know about the NON ARCHIVE LOG mode., as I heard that we need to stop  the DB and start again..

So, my question to the above is:

Imagine if we are trying to extract the data/ or do a system refresh using TDMS connected to the PROD system, are we supposed to bring down the system to do the above activities?  In this case, I believe it would be a RISK to bring down the prod system down,..

Appreciate your solutions/inputs.

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Archive logging and other logging to be switched off is a pre-requisite to run TDMS as TDMS creates a lot of logs when you are doing a transfer using TDMS. This will result in the log files getting full and resulting in a dump.

To avoid this TDMS recommends that we switch off the logging.

Alternatively, we could also schedule a periodic job to clear the logs with a small period being in use while you run TDMS. By using a small time period to run the job we can ensure that the log files will never get full.

Please go throught the recommendations provided in the notes 1730566 and 890797 for the detailed information on the same.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sreejith Rajashekaran

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreejith,

Thanks for the info.

Any hint on how to run the periodic jobs to clear off the logs.

Thanks,

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

Usually the Basis team takes care of that. Am not very familiar with the process . Sorry could not help you there.

But my recommendation would be to switch it off in systems where it is possible and for the PROD system you can schedule the job to clear the logs as I do understand switching off the logs in the PROD system may not be possible.

Alternatively, if you have a pre-prod system then you could use that as the Sender system.

Cheers,

Sreejith Rajashekaran

Answers (0)