cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Line Item on customer billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

The systems is ECC 6.0.7. We will be charging freight cost to our customers going forward, so freight will show up as a separate posting to a separate GL account. A new condition type is created for this purpose.

Our business wants to post freight costs to a cost center account assignment. I have checked and currently the sales order posting screen does not have cost center field available for input while internal order field is. So I am guessing there will be some screen layout settings needed to make cost center field available for input. What are the settigns needed to make it available?

The cost center account assignment field is available in the posted billing documents. Can we just add cost center for the posting at that time even if the sales order would not contain it? We want the freight line only to post to cost center, but not the price portion of the posting. Is it possible to do it because it seems that account assignment is entered for each at the billing item and price, freight, handling and taxes related to each item will pick up the same cost center entered for that billing item?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is very much possible with configuration with T code OVF3 and this determination is based on

Sales area.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also exploring the OVF3 option. But problem is that the requirement is to post the Freight line item from the same sales order/invoice to a cost center and Handling charges which are separate line item to a different cost center. But it seems if this table is used, all the line items (Revenue/Freight/Handling) for that sales order/Invoice for that sales area can post to one default cost center maintained per sales area in OVF3.

Any thoughts, how to post Freight and Handling which are two separate line items to two different cost centers? 

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to take the help of your FI consultant and proceed as discussed here

G. Lakshmipathi

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Discuss with SD consultant to activate cost center at header level in Sales order. SD settings can activate the same. As per my understandign the SD module ,you can derive cost center either sales area wise or else you can enter manualy while creating the SO.

OVF3 settings can help you.

Regards

Manii