SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to send payment to clarification list if it is not equal to the total open amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue.

There is a requirement that whenever a payment is being posted on a collective parent account, then we need to check if the payment amount is equal to the total open amount.

If it is, then we should allow the payment to post otherwise, the payment should hit the clarification list.

Payment can be posted from any transaction like FPCJ or FP05 or FPE1.

I cannot enhance FQEVENT 242 as it will be called while posting payment from FP05 only.

Is there any FQEVENT or any config that will do the job?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can only post to clarification for payment lot processing, e.g. FP05 and FP25.  FPE1 should not be used for a payment posting.  FPCJ cannot post to clarification either.  For FPCJ you can issue a message which prevents the user from posting or force them to post on account.

You could assign a clearing category which is only used for collective accounts and which allocates to clearing variant which checks for total balance...

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried using a clearing variant but the problem with that is it will not allow any clearing to be done but cannot stop the posting of payment. This means that the credit will still be posted but it will not clear any line item.

I want that the payment should not be posted at all.

I know there is no Clarification List for either FPCJ or FPE1, so in those cases, postings on account should not be allowed.

What basically I need is that whenever a credit is being posted on account I should be able to make some validations and if the validations fail then it should either give an error or send the posting to clarification list, based on the type of transaction.

Is there any config or any FQEVENT that would solve the purpose?

0 Kudos

Manoj - take a look at There are many events for cash journal and manual posting that you could test.  For payment lots - with your special category, you can choose to post unallocated payments to clarification via configuration

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

I was actually asking if you knew a common FQEVENT which would be called whenever payment would be posted.

I didn't wanted to code the same logic in multiple Events.

Anyways I got the solution to my problem.

I configured a clearing variant and a clearing exit for incoming payments.

In clearing variant for collective payments I check whether clearing should be done or not. And if the validation fails then I do not allow any clearing proposal to be made.

Later on when Clearing Exit (TFK113E) for Incoming Payment is triggered, if the payment should not posted, then I delete the CA and BP from the incoming payment line item due to which the line items goes into the clarification list if there is one otherwise error is given on screen.

Thanks a lot for all your qiuck replies