cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sychronous Interfacing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to send multiple WebSservice requests from one dedicated outbound port in XI to the WebService :

Which of these scenarios is more likely:

1. Only a single request can be sent at any one time and because this is synchronous communication the response must be received to this before the next request can be sent.

2. It is possible to send multiple requests out through different communication channels with no interdependency.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only 1 is possible and you will need to use a BPM with a Block with either ( par for each or for each ) to send the request and get the response back.

Explore the option of changing the Webservice so that it can accomodate multiple request and send back multiple responses as this way you make sure that perfromance does not become a bottleneck.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sending to SOAP dunamically see the below links

dynamic URL -

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SPS15/pi/com/sap/aii/mapping/api/DynamicConfiguration.html

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

You mean to say use BPM par for each to accept all the four responses and keep it in block.

As all are been sent in different communication channel, will the interdependency matters!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>You mean to say use BPM par for each to accept all the four responses and keep it in block</i>

yes. This is a standard featutre of use of a BPM.

><i>As all are been sent in different communication channel, will the interdependency matters!</i>

if you are planning to use a Block, you will be able to send the requrest only to one Receievr SOAP adapter.

Any reason as to why you want to send the request to different SOAP adapter?

If you want to send the request messages to different SOAP adapters then you will need to,

1. Either use a Single SOAP adapter with Adapter message Attributes being set in the mapping for the SOAP adapter ( the SOAP Url and SOAP action can be set dyncamically from the mapping )

2. Or, use a Fork and separate Send Steps with different Interfaces and receievr determinations to send it to multiple Adapters.

Option 1 is a better option though.

Regards

Bhavesh

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want send by using the Block with ForEach mode , all messges one by one will send -- and also use send correlation then the response is received to the same msg.

If yu want to send it parallally then you can use ParForEach ,but you cannot have interdependency i hope.

But performance issue do it when you really need.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>1. Only a single request can be sent at any one time and because this is synchronous communication the response must be received to this before the next request can be sent</i>

is more likely.

Regards

Chilla