cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.11. Unable to create XIM file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to export  XIM files from message mapping with CTRL + SHIFT + 0 but is not working, I have also checked the switch keyboard layout : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967893. Nothing works,

Any idea of what could be done on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

It is NOT possible to export mappings as XIM in PI 7.11 and later versions, please refer the SAP Note as mentioned in other comments.

However there is a work around using Simple Query tool, here are the steps

1. Goto URL : http://PIHOSTNAME:PORT/rep/support/SimpleQuery
  2. Select your SWCV
  3. Select "Message Mapping" in category "Define the Object type(s)" -> Click "Refresh depended values"
  4. In category "Define the Query Condition(s)" -> select "Name" -> LIKE -> <ENTER YOUR MAPPING NAME here> NOTE: You can use wildcards as well like.. *MATMAS* for mapping name
  5. Click on "Start Query" button , it will give you the list of mapping objects with a link to download the Raw object information in XML format.
  6. Click on the Link named "R" under column name "Raw" and save it as .XML file
  7. Find the XML tag and copy the value in "blob" field and save in notepad as .ZIP file
    • <p1:content>

<tr:XiTrafo xmlns:tr="urn:sap-com:xi:mapping:xitrafo">

<tr:MetaData>

<tr:blob type="zip" zipped="true">

8. Open the Zip file in Notepad remove the !zip! found in the begining of the file and save again. The resulting file is in Base64 encoded format.
  9. Open the file created in Step-8 and perform Base64 decode. (Search for  "online Base64 decoder") and save it.
  10. Double click and open the resulting zip file, it will have file named "value", extract this file and save it in some place with extension as ".zip".
  11. Open the zip file and you will find "metadata" file. Now you have got the  Graphical mapping (and UDF code) information on what source node is mapped to what target node.
  12. If you want the "Java code" created by PI for your message mapping object. you can repeat the steps 8 - 11 for the following XML tag found in XML file obtained in step 6.
    • <tr:SourceCode>

<tr:blob type="zip" zipped="true">

Thanks and Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ananth, It worked.

But I could see the metadata file only as xml file with the source and target fields. Is there any way to convert this to Excel??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

I think you can use the Mapping Documentation tool. Please check this blog..

Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

You can goto www.figaf.com & open PI Documenter tool mentioned under Products Menu bar to convert .xim file into excel.

Regards,

Akshay

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

I was trying the solution provided by you. I ran the query and when I open link "R" under RAW. I got a xml file which has below value -

I have saved this file on my machine as R.XML.

I am not able to understand what I need to do from STEP 7.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When exporting a mapping the .tpz file should be exported rather than trying to export the .xim:
Tools -> Export Design Objects and select the corresponding SWCV

The option to export the .xim file has been removed, see note #1711728 - Removal of Hidden menus and Developer mode in ESR for further details.

Regards

Eoin

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is the problem with PI 7.3 version. Have heard of so many issues. Leave feedback if you get any solution.

Regards

Anand