Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBE/RBPD/SolMan Documentation

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inquisitive about RBE, I happened to check threads to understand RBE and eventually ended with RBPD and SolMan Documentation.

RBE now known as RBPD/SolMan Documentation etc...So a bit confused.

I wish to know why RBE is used, when it is used, would appreciate if I get few examples to understand better.

Cheers,

Aditya V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya V The official successor of SAP RBE or RBE+ from IBIS is Reverse Business Process Documentation short RBPD as part of SAP Solution Manager "Solution Documentation Assistant" short SDA. It will help to create an automated solution documentation and usage analysis of any SAP product. Details can be found under http://service.sap.com/RBPD Kind regards, Barbara

heiko_hecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Barbara, Aditya, All,

this is not correct. RBE Plus from IBIS is still available (Analyses & Solutions for SAP › IBIS America LLC) and offers content beyond SAP Solution Manager, Solution Documentation Assistant (SDA) and Reverse Business Process Documentation (RBPD).

IBIS has helped SAP to develop the RBPD content (SAP - IBIS Prof. Thome Helps Companies Tap the Potential of SAP® Solution Manager) and SAP defined so called Supplementary Services for SolMan provided by IBIS.

RBE Plus can be used in conjunction with SAP Solution Manager or independently. SDA is focusing on process identification by utilizing transaction and program usage. RBPD added so called SQL check steps which provide table entry statistics to evaluate the process usage. SDA and RBPD show how often a transaction has been executed, in which months and how many invoices etc. have been created per month. The RBPD content was updated the last time for content release 38 end of 2013 and there will be no further update from SAP. SAP continues to update the Business Process Repository though which RBPD is based upon! SP 44 is already available.

IBIS has continued to update the content for SAP Solution Manager beyond SP 38.

RBE Plus provides additional content on top of RBPD and also covers areas not or not fully covered by RBPD like industry solutions, BW, etc.

RBPD provides content on client level, e.g. differentiated analysis by organizational units is not supported with the RBPD content. Drill down to user and customizing level, e.g. document types used in sales orders is not possible with RBPD.

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Heiko

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko- I am also looking into other tools to use besides RBPD as this is no longer being updated.

I want to make sure my documents in SAP SolMan do not degrade/become less accurate as time goes on. How is this accomplished with SAP SolMan 7.1 (and 7.2) without RBPD?

Would I SDA and compare different analyses of the same project and update accordingly? (I am very new at this and your help is appreciated!)

heiko_hecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kelsey,

I'm not 100% sure yet what will, or will not happen with 7.2. We probably will need to wait a few releases/patches to get a solid picture.

With 7.1 you could run SDA and utilize the update functionality with SDA. I've had some presentations at SAPinsider events and I will have one later in November around Business Blueprint Options. A transaction based analysis via SDA will provide you with some updates but it might not be enough for keeping your blueprint up to date. It certainly will not keep you documents up to date.

SAP positioned RBE Plus as supplementary to SAP Solution Manager, e.g. we will get more accurate results and more details about what is really used and how it is used.

Let's connect and you can take a look at it yourself!

Kind Regards,

Heiko

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko-

From my understanding RBPD is no longer being updated according to SAP. Also, isn't RBE Plus a third party tool? Or am I mistaken?

I am looking for something provided by SAP that will keep my documents current and up to date,

Thanks!

heiko_hecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kelsey,

There is no functionality available from SAP which keeps your documents up to date. SDA/.RBPD can be used to keep the process hierarchy up to date by analyzing executables like transactions, programs etc.

Correct, RBE Plus is a third party tool which can be used in conjunction with SAP Solution Manager or independently. It provides more details hence SAP positions it as supplementary services to SAP SolMan.

IBIS developed RBE for SAP and RBPD with SAP. Last update from SAP for RBPD was end of 2013, IBIS has updated it since on its own dime.

Regards,

Heiko

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Heiko- I appreciate your help!

Answers (0)