Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP MII with SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How do we connect SAP MII with SAP PLM?
1)Which iDocs are generally used during this type of integration?
2)If its RFC then any idea about the same?

Note- If there is no MES involved then how do we go ahead with this integration.

Background- Indutry type is CPG(Consumeble Packaged Goods).

Any experiences or pointers would be a great help.

Cheers,

Muddassar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I know for Automotive this was done via IPPE integration embedded in the ME-INT (MII content for integration between ERP & ME) in order to manage variant configuration eBOMS and manufacturing mBOMs.  As for CPG and packaged goods it's probably a similar process around the actual LOIPRO IDoc order and material version assigned to the order which then gives you the required components and an associated LOIROU IDoc would be the route required to produce the packaged good.  There are others involved depending on which modules are implemented but those two are a good place to start.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam,

Even I do not have clear requirements with me but your thoughts and experiences will definitely help will deciding the communication between the 2 systems.

Regards,

Muddassar

0 Kudos

Happy to provide additional insight and I recommend also looking into this RDS:

service.sap.com/rds-mii-bm

As there is a lot of pre-packaged integration and content that will get you started and the content itself is free of charge but the customer would pay for the implementation services.  Additionally, we also provide an SAP OEE solution that is now included in the SAP MII 15.0 release complete with SAP ERP Master Data configuration screens, Data model and pre-built integration in MII, and replication of OEE operations data from the MII instances to a central HANA instance.

We also have UI screens as well for configuration, operations data capture, and analytics:

Sam