cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with refresh view in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created 5 individual webdynpro applications.The individual webdynpro component of each application is added to the main application. The default view of each of these application is embedded to the view container element in the zvmain view. An outbound plug is created for each used component/application. The outbound plug is mapped to default in plugs of the respective application. Now when a switch is clicked on the navigation panel  the corresponding out plug of  the zvmain view is fired and the individual applications open up.These individual applications are displayed in the view container UI element of the main application.

Now my problem is when i executed one application it is working fine but when navigated to other application and came back to that application,the application is staying on before executed page only and it is not getting initialized.For all applications WDDOINIT is firing only once so not able to use invalidate also.

Please suggest a way to solve this.

Thanks,

lokesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Please place the logic of invalidating the whole context in handler method of INBOUND plug of each individual application.

As every time this is the entry point after navigation takes place.

i.e. create a method in component controller REFRESH_DATA( ) which contains the logic of clearing all required context data and call this method inside the handler of INBOUND plug

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the Properties tab of the View and change the Lifetime property to 'When Visible'.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I tried that also but it does not help me.

Thanks,

lokesh.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your WDDOINIT method will trigger if you change the Lifetime to 'When Visible'. So, In DOINIT method you can write the invalidate( ).

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

When changed the Lifetime to 'When Visible' also WDDOINIT is triggerring only when application is opened first time after that modify view is triggerred.

Thanks,

lokesh

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you explain this with Main and other components as 1,2,3,4,5...

lokesh lavu wrote:

Now my problem is when i executed one application it is working fine but when navigated to other application and came back to that application,the application is staying on before executed page only and it is not getting initialized.For all applications WDDOINIT is firing only once so not able to use invalidate also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All 5 components are populated in contextual panel of main application.When i navigated to component 1 and executed.then i navigated to 2nd component and then i again came back to 1st component but 1st component is still showing the that executed page only.When navigated from 1st to 2nd or any other component it should get initialised.WDDOINIT is firing only once whenwe first navigated to component.