Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to do profiling in SAP Information Steward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need help here.

I'm trying to access ECC Customer Master tables (kna1 and knb1) and do profiling on it using Information Steward. My profiling task fails and the error I am getting is:

Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE-(Exception_Key: READ_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG)- The ABAP

program lines are wider than the internal table.>.

R3C-151001: |Data flow DF_CKY_NP_43_1|Reader PROFILE_SOURCE|Transform PROFILE_SOURCE__Driver

Error calling RFC function to get table data: <*****>. This message contains some internal system details which have been

hidden for security. If you need to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional

privileges to your account.

I read couple of SAP Notes and tried modifying Utilities - > Settings - > ABAP EDITOR - > EDITOR - > comp.line length(72) variable in SE38 transaction but no luck.

Could you please help.

Thanks,

Purnima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purima,

I would agree with Dirk. Profiling on staging DB would be lot easier way.

But if you dont have that luxury....

The issue you are facing is mainly due to missing/outdated transport files & Authorization issues.

1916294 - Upgrading SAP System fails with issues from /BODS
functions

1971036 - Error - RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE - Exception_Key:
READ_REPORT_LINE_TOO_LONG

Follow the note the above SAP notes and you should be good to rock and roll...

One last thing... Make sure the SAP user should have the right authorization objects included in the profile as per the latest SAP supplement guide.

Hope this helps. Good Luck !!

Cheers

S

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1916294

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My advice: never profile on ECC tables directly.

I always create a small job in DS to copy the relevant data (rows and columns!) to a staging area in a relational database, first. Then I do my profiling on the staged table. Much easier, more flexible, better performance...