cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Like Custom Launchpad - Two/Three levels of tiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We are trying to expose our developed custom UI5 applications to the end user in a Custom Launchpad similar to the standard one .

We are trying to have two or three levels of tiles where there will be 4 tiles on the first level . Clicking on a tile in level 1 will bring up 4 tiles in level 2  and clicking on any of these Level 2 tiles will bring up 3 more tiles in level 3 .

Can someone guide me as to how to achieve this . I have already created catalogs with tiles . I have also created groups and assigned tiles to groups as well. All this works fine . What I cannot figure out is how to create the 3 level hierarchy . I believe there should be something like a group inside a group / catalog inside a catalog but cannot figure out how to achieve this .

TIA ,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Could you share business use case scenarios?

Total apps are 4*4*3= 48 apps.

16 tiles in level 1 and 2 are not app.

Does user need to access all 48 apps? Maybe 10 apps are enough if we look at each user level.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Masa ,

Agreed that it is actually the third level that has the actual apps .Business scenario is that each user will have access to only one tile at the top level and all the tiles at the second level depending on his role and duties in the organization . So actually it is only 12 apps that the user will have access to at a given time .

So the idea is assign the topmost tile to a group and that group to a role resulting in four different roles .

The place I am facing a hurdle is that I am not aware of the steps to create such a hierarchy using   groups and catalogs .How do I put tiles inside tiles while configuring the catalog .

Can you kindly help .

Thanks ,

Himanshu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

In that case, I would use group by role with standard launchpad. If there are 30 roles, I will create 30 groups.

Please review again the catalog, group and penalization functions in launchpad. Make it simple and provide less clicks.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG