Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New MDM Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

Good afternoon.

We have a requirement of creating a new MDM repository for our MDM host. version SAP MDM 7.1 sp08 console.

I am from SAP Basis side, We just received name of new MDM repository to create.

Since this is a first time ever for me to create any repository, I have little doubts about creating the repositories. Expecting little help to clear doubts.

1) we have 3 system landscape MDM Dev/Qas/Prd , now SRM user requested to create a MDM repository directly on PRD system. Is this ok or it should be created on DEV -> QA -> PRD in this sequence ?

2) We only received name of repository to create and do not receive any details about inside fields. I have try to create a test repository and found that inside content is different than the one which is currently present in system. Who will provide these details ?

3) Can I just use option  "Duplicate Repository" to create a new repository with different name which is send my SRM consultant ? what is the impact of this option, can this be use to to suffice requirement of creation of new repository.

4) What is standard way for performing such tasks?

As I search on portal, unaware of point no. 17

http://scn.sap.com/community/mdm/netweaver-mdm/blog/2013/12/06/creating-a-repository-in-sap-mdm

Hope to receive some answers to understand requirement.

many thanks,

Bond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are from basis side, you need only the repository name to create the MDM Repository. Its the role of MDM Consultant to create the underlined repository schema based on the requirement.

1) I would strongly recommend you to have the new repository in all the three servers (Dev/Qas/Prd) since MDM is not a stand alone system it distributes the data to multiple other systems including SAP ECC. Since SAP ECC has different servers (Dev/Qas/Prd) you would require same in MDM too.

2) The details inside a repository i.e Main Table, sub tables various fields in those tables etc etc are created based on the requirement of client and again is the role of an MDM Consultant to create the same.

3) Duplicate repository option is used when we have to change the structure of certain existent repository but in order to test the same we duplicate that repository and make the changes in that repository and try to analyze the impact, if every thing seems fine we incorporate the change in existing repository.

4) In the document the 17th point emphasis on repository designing which means as per clients requirement we would define our repository structure.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

Thanks for detailed explanation.

We have created two repositories successfully but we noticed that newly created have only english as languages and others have many many languages.

How can i add more languages ?

Warm regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check out the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/f27ed333321a61e10000000a422035/content.htm

The following thread clears the two aspects in MDM Languages, you can follow the approach as your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3146865

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for  update Ankit,

ALthough I think in my MDM console ,i am not able to modify languages.

I checked about "Read only" mode but I am not sure whether its in read only mode or not.

Please see below screenshot , i cant modify language , there is no drop-down box available.

and also it is grey out. is there any way to add via "clix" ?

I am logged in using ADMIN user , is there any other authorization issue ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the screenshot i can see that the repository is in running state hence its grayed out, in order to modify any repository details u need to stop the repository and then modify details. And when u start the repository use Update Indices option.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Ankit,

Thanks a lot Able to add languages now  (y) !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bond,

Good Morning.

The step of creating new repository is:

Right click on the server details-Create Repository.

Also follow this top link-step 6 to 14.

Thanks,

Swastick