Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element is updated while settling cost from WBS to AUC

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

At the time of settlement , when we settling the cost from WBS to AUC , WBS element is updated in AUC line item of accounting document , but it should not be updated actually.

As result AUC cost is loaded on WBS and budget of WBS is get affected , furthermore system is not allowing for MIGO even budget is available but in CJ30 it is showing assigned value is more then original budget.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

After settlement of CAPEX wbs the cost will be settled to AUC and the same can be seen in asset explorer AW01N  (WBS will no longer hold this cost), And this is standard behavior system.

What is the issue in that? Kindly elaborate with some screen shots .

Check with S_ALR_87013558 for available budget , if the values are inconsistent then run CJEN-> CJBN,  and SE38 ( Program:RKANBU01) 

Thanks

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

I totally agree with you , but in our case system is not allowing(Error Message: Budget Exceeded) MIGO against capex PO - > WBS.

Note : in our case , system is checking budget at the time of MIGO also.

in our case , report  S_ALR_87013558 is showing wrong actual value and  also in CJ30 , total assigned value is larger then total distributable budget , As result our available budget gets negative figure in report S_ALR_87013558 , even i have already run CJEN->CJBN 2 or 3 times.

Note: Our Commitment value is correct.

Actually , according to report S_ALR_87013542 , system is showing correct actual value , that means we have sufficient available budget for further MIGO's

Now may be , due to WBS element is updated in AUC line item of accouning document of settlement (WBS to AUC) , system loads AUC values to WBS unnecessarily , our available budget gets negative figure.

For your reference , i am attaching screen shot of accounting document which is generated at the time of settlement from WBS to AUC.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Two points:

1. CJ30, S_ALR ..58 report showing -ve available budget ,may be some one might have deactivated AVAC earlier and as the budget is negative under available and system is showing budget error at every transaction.

In CJ30 sometimes available budget figures shows -ve values when we change currency views (i.e. CO area currency/Object currency)

PS: still the behavior of reports is consistent,you may raise an OSS to SAP.

2. Have  you made any change in G/L field out of which was proposed by system automatically in PR/PO ?

Can you also check in ACSET t-code whether any depreciation area -> 120 GR is configured for automatic account assignment.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

I think system is consuming budget while settling the cost from an WBS to AUC .

This may be due to ACSET settings in  FI config as you suggess.

but I am not sure

Regards

shailesh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

You can check with your FI consultant on it .

Regards

Saurabh

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Issue is resolved by uncheck account assignment object in T code ACSET for account assignment object PS_PSP_PNR against transaction type 114, 115, 116.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

I don't think B/S sheet account cannot be created as cost elements in cost accounting unless it falls under the below mentioned categories. Consult your FI/CO consultants to get relevant information.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

As I understand the AUC G/L should be a balance sheet account. Kindly check whether the AuC G/L is a balance sheet account.

Regards

Varun Rudrbhatla

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi varun ,

Yes

It is B/S account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shailesh,

Whatever the Postings happened in your case is obsolutely correct. But budget should not reduced . may be you have not defined AUC GL cost element category as '90'. Check it once. if you have maintained '90' as cost element category to AUC GL . Actual cost of project reduced from WBS and added same to AUC cost element and budget remained same.

For that you need to execute t-code: OAK7 to change asset class gls to statistical cost elements

-

A.Krishnareddy

Message was edited by: KRISHNAREDDY ALIKEPALLI

former_member330379
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Krishnareddy ,

Cost Element is already created under category 90 for AUC G/L

but still system reducing budget while settlement (WBS to AUC)

Thanks

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify CJI3 report once whether both debit and credit cost elements are updating or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be updated. Have you checked in AS03->Asset Values? Possibly check after running CJEN.