cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does JCO3 support ECC 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using JCo3 to connect to ECC 6.0 systems and all functionalities are working fine.

However when I use the same set of code to connect to ECC 4.0 system, i get runtime exception where some standard FMs used by the API are not found in the ECC.

This begs a question if JCo really supports older version of ECC systems or can anyone tell me where I can see the SAP version support ? I did try to browse through in the service marketplace but couldnt find anything!

Can someone help please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

According to http://service.sap.com/connectors > SAP Java Connector:

• Supports R/3 3.1I and higher (and other SAP Components that have BAPIs or RFMs).

The issue (as you described it) seems to be that some FMs you call are not available in ECC 4.0 (and not with JCo itself).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

I use a line of code

IDocFactory iDocFactory = JCoIDoc.getIDocFactory();

iDocFactory.createIDocDocument(iDocRepository, iDocType, iDocCymType);

is throwing error Function module "IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE" not found!!!

But for ECC 6.0 and 4.5 this worked. Now client came up with a new system which is ECC 4.0 and this line of code throws IDOCRuntimeException.

Yes I checked the ECC for IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE and it was not present there and I found in of the release documentation that this FM only exist in 4.0B onwards!!!

So the point is, how do I prepared the IDOC object using iDocFactory.createIDocDocument or some other line of API code which gets the IDOC structure out.

Please comment if you have something in mind.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

you should have been more precise: It's not JCo causing the trouble here, but the IDocLibrary, which can be used on top of JCo. BTW, there is no ECC 4.0, but R/3 4.0B. This version should actually work and for R/3 3.1 I, there is a different approach used that is working without the non-existing IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE. What is the exact version of that system?

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

SAP system that I am trying to connect is R/3 4.0B SP17 in which the IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE FM doesnt exist!

You mentioned these is a different approach to do this. Can you please elaborate on that?

Thanks again in advance.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

The SP level of the system is not high enough. Note 676795 describes that SP 42 is required.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wooow. Thats what I guessed. No options other than the SAP Upgrade?

One more question: Is it possible to upgrade from SP17 to 42? is this recommended by SAP? will SAP support it?

Or can we build those missing FMs in SAP manually?

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

you should know that 4.0 has been out of standard support for quite a while. In case you have customer specific support for this system check out with your SAP account manager what is covered by the contract. I cannot tell whether this is a recommended upgrade, but it has for sure a bunch of fixes and enhancements. But still, an application of this SP should be verified in a QA environment before. Adding the needed parts for the function module manually might be cumbersome. I would not recommend this.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million Markus.

I think now we know what paths to follow taking your suggestion points into considerations.

Answers (0)