SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DERIVATION RULE VALUE TRANSPORTING

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to transport the values of a particular derivation rule from one server to another? currently derivation rules are updated in "PRD" and we have created a copy of PRD with some changes now we would like to transport the rule values maintained in old PRD to its new copy.. is it possib to do so. if yes then what are the steps involved?

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be careful with this transport. By including the FMDERIVE values in transport, you take them all. Restriction by particular rule is possible only if you manually intervene in transport content.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can generate transports from PRD. I do not know your BASIS's production client backup strategy. If a delta backup copy exists, you can ask them to overlay the old PRD with the delta backup copy. A better way to deal with this kind of need is to use client comparison and adjustment method:

Comparison of Customizing Objects - Customizing (BC-CUS) - SAP Library

There are also other SQL data sync tools; you can google them yourself.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I realized I am not clear whether you want to transport the rule value from a productive client to a non-productive client or the other way.

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong,

its from a productive client to a new copy of the same productive client.

0 Kudos

Then, without a data sync tool the best way to do it is SAP client comparison:

Comparison of Customizing Objects - Customizing (BC-CUS) - SAP Library

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Our ABAP Guy has done it.Thank you all or your support