cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM error on 'chmod' against ORACLE network/admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently installing a vanilla SAP 7.40 HA system on Linux

During Database installation the SWPM software throws up several errors on permissions

the first couple are simple to fix - just chmod on the relevant directories to open up perms

However then it errors when running "chmod" on the ORACLE network/admin directory. I can manually chmod this whole tree (i.e. chmod -R) to 777 perms, but this makes no difference, the errors recurs.

Anyone seen similar? I've heard people mention FS mount options but as I can write and chmod it manually I can't see how this could be the issue.

Example error:

syuxcnode.cpp: 165: CSyNodeImpl::internalSetACL(PSyACLInt) syuxcnode.cpp: 188: CSyNodeImpl::setNativeACL(const NativeSecurityDesc_t &amp; sd, ISyErrorHandler * pErrorHandler) const . Unable to set access rights of /oracle/<SID>/11203/network/admin. .</message>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All helpful answers but I can tell you know it is, as many issues are, a user error.

After a long day I was restarting SAPINST as sidadm instead of root and I just didn't see it for a long long time.

So if you see the same issue check this yourself!

thanks to all

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After changing the permission have you tried restarting the sapinst ?

Regards

RB

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jamie,

There is something wrong with your Oracle path, you are using the Oracle default naming (/oracle/<SID>/11203/) but SAP is using /oracle/<SID>/112_64/

Check the path, if needed create a link this might be the cause of your problem

Regards

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jamie,

Please check the owner of network dir please check and change it to ora<sid> and group dba

you can use command chown orasid:dba network

Best Regards,

Atul

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you checked umask and groups for user <sid>adm and ora<sid> ?

check sapinst group is assigned to sidadm and orasid , you can check the installation guide.

==================================

Comment root

No primary group is assigned.sapinst

Superuser of the UNIX operating system<sapsid>admsapsysoper, dba, sapinst

SAP system administratorora<dbsid>dbaoper, sapinst

Database administrator

This user is only required on the host where the database instance runs.

//venkat