cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - Control Not Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am new to personas. I am getting an issue control not found. I researched and there is a good tutorial how to handle erros with IF condition when the error is a tab - you would click on the tab and get the object ID.

The scenario:

go to transaction VA02

Enter order number

Go to extras > Output > header > Edit (show output management screen)

Attached are the screenshot of the scripts. Can you please help me understand how to deal with Control not found issue.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe try this way:

1. Put all scripts for one condition in one script buton, say SB_a

2. Put all scripts for the other condition in another SB, say, SB_b.

3. In the third Sb, make sure you check both cases for IF, eg:

IF xxx

is not empty

Push SB_a

IF xxx

is empty

Push SB_b

It looks like that in SB_a or SB_b, the screen changes, so if you endup with different screen, you may not be able to find the right control to apply the action.

Lastly, try "set select" method too.

Good luck!

Dong Zhu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Im also getting similar issue in ZVA01 where in once i enter mandotry field in the first screen, the 2nd screen ask to enter quantiy. once i enter the quantiy need to check (push button for price check) for price, at that time a message pops up...

i want to dismiss this pop my selecting "no" ..then proceed by saving the sales order.

i tried but the values are reflecting back to default or previous values.. please help me out

using personas  version 1.4.023, kernel 7.21

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Can you please tell me what is step 3 doing? Where are you trying to enter value (popup or mainscreen)?

Also which button are you clicking in step 4 and which button in step 5?

Thanks

Chinthan

0 Kudos

step 3: i'm entering value as "order quantity" (if you can see my 3rd screen shot)

step 4 : checking value( check value button on the left side of 3rd screen shot) for the quantity mentioned in step3 

step5:  messages pops up if i like to add more items to the list ( will select No:)

but when i'm running this script ...the values are in step 3 are not getting saved ...but the pop up functionality working (means no popup coming)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Then you should keep step 3 and step 4 before step 1 and step 2. Because this is the logic you might want to follow:

Step 1: Enter order quantity

Step 2: Click on Check Value button

Step 3: Refresh screen

Step 4: Check IF popup exists

Step 5: Click on NO button

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

I am getting the same error type:

this is my script:

I have tried it without step 4 & 6, but I get the same error result.

Any help will earn you points.

Please!

A.D. Botha

ps. Personas 2.0, SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are running Personas v1 SP03 or later (or v2 SP01 - same thing) then you can use a "control exists" or "control does not exist" condition in your IF - this is more reliable than checking for an empty text property. You do need to remember to include a "Refresh Screen" action before the IF.

Here's a simple example from one of my flavours. Here I sometimes get a pop-up from the transaction, depending on the properties of the data I'm manipulating. If I get the pop-up I want to just dismiss it by clicking the green tick button. In my script, then, I first refresh the screen, then check if the button exists. If it does, I push it. If it doesn't, I don't!

Does that help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick response. The issue that I am having is with step 9 on my original post. I changed step 1 to if control exists, but Step 9 still fails, could this issue be due to the positioning of the IF condition?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 9 isn't controlled by the IF, so it will be executed always, as will all the steps form 4 onwards. If they are all only meant to happen if the control exists then you need to move them into the body of the if, like steps 2 and 3 are.

Steve.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are few things you can do to better this script:

1. As mentioned, you can move step 4-9 under IF of step 1.

2. you can remove FOCUS steps as they are unwanted here (Script recorder will record these steps, but in most cases these are unwanted)

3. Add REFRESH SCREEN whenever you have a screen changes or a popup is expected. In your case Step 6 should have REFRESH SCREEN because Step 5 here changes from your landing page to VA02 page.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Chinthan