Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Tax rates from same country plant/ sales organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is a scenario I have-

We have 2 plants in Japan, A & B, both are linked to Sales org A & B respectively, material X sold out of Sales Org/ Plant - A for a customer 100  needs to have tax rate of 8% and same material X sold out of Sales Org/ Plant - B for same customer 100 needs to be tax exempt. the problem in this scenario is that tax classification are maintained at country level which means that material tax classification cannot be set at plant/ sales org level, and tax classification for customer is same for both can anyone suggest how can we go about it?

regards

Anmol   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to define a field (it could be MVKE-MVGR*) to be filled during Sales Order creation at item level, depending on the plant;  then you should define a new condition table for the access sequence assigned to your tax condition MWST: the new table should be a copy of the existing ones, with the new field as determination criteria.

Best regards,

Andrea

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I sincerely would like to thank you for taking time out and answering this question, I need your help on one last matter, here's a scenario-

Japan's consumption tax rate has changed to 8% with effect from 1st April 2014 till 31st march the rate was 5%, in this case our system will have 2 condition records-

MWST condition type as 5% with end date as 03/31/2014.  This means if
the draft invoice is issued by 03/31/2014 then a 5% tax rate will be applied
and another tax rate of 8% will be applied with start dates 04/01/2014 to
12/31/9999 which includes draft invoices issued post 31st March.

below is business scenario-

Work is finished on March 26th but the draft invoice is issued on April 10th, this draft invoice is
subject to a 5% rather than 8% tax rate.

Can you guys let us know how to achieve this, can we do this throug ha user exit

regards

Anmol

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 can we do this throug ha user exit

No need.  Just maintain the Service rendered date as 03/31/2014 so that system would fetch tax @ 5%.  This field you can see both in VF01 and VF04.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, how do we manually change the service rendered date, for our case service rendered date defaults to billing date and can not be changed

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VF01--enter your source document---in the initial screen itself of VF01--you can see service render date--change this according to your requirement and then only press enter..

Hope this helps...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already said, once you execute VF01 or VF04, this Service rendered date field would be in editable mode only and I am not sure, in your case, any exit is triggering not to input manually.  Please check once again your system.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathi,

We figured out the exit which is defaulting service rendered date = billing date for us, we need to modify it, thanks for your answer. I really appreciate your help on this

regards

Anmol

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anmol,

Can you please share which exit you used for Service render date=Billing date...i am  also having this same requirement--if possible with the actual coding you Inserted in this exit...

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You can use the standard table 367 for your requirement.

Can you please give us little more info on your thread.

whether these two sales organisations are assigned to one company code or different company codes??

Note: if these two sales organisations are under one company code--then there is a configuration flaw here in your system.....

(if the material is salable in both sales organisations under one company code--then--you should not have other sales organisation)

(if the material is salable in both sales organisations under different company codes--you can have different sales organisation)

Hope this helps...

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani, that's a good question, however both the sales organizations are linked to different company codes

0 Kudos

Create a new table with SO/Plant. Create new Access Sequence and assign it to MWST. Create condition records with for both the conditions

SOrg     Plnt     Tax

SO          A          0%

SO          B          8%

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the tax would differ from plant to plant within the same region, then, in the access sequence for that tax condition type, include the standard table 071 or any combination which have plant so that you can differentiate the tax percent based on plant.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

we thought about it, however the region for both plants is Tokyo so that won't work, is there another parameter that we can look at.

I like Andrea's suggestion, just need to figure out the unique parameter and the way that parameter at item level will be auto filled (we want the user not to bother about this and would like to use a user exit to fill that parameter).

Can we create a key combination for Country/plant/ material/ customer tax classification & material tax classification

any thoughts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

combination for Country/plant/ material/ customer tax classification & material tax classification will meet your requirement. please check and let us know the result. If this does not work then will try some other work around solution.

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Maintain condition record with combination of Country,Region of the delivery plant, Material, customer tax classification & material tax classification. with this combination you can achieve your requirement.

JP- > XX - > M100 -> 1 -> 1 = 8%

JP- > XY - > M100 -> 1 -> 1 = 0% (Nil Tax)

Thanks

VSA

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Anmol,

Have you seen Shiva Ramakrishnan's answer in http://scn.sap.com/thread/1901255 ? I think that information is relevant for your need.

Best Regards,
Christian Rosa