Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori: difference between UIEAAP01 & UIX02EAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a little bit confused

I now understood that all Fiori UI components of the first wave are now in the component UIX01EAP. But what is the difference between UIEAAP01 and UIX02EAP? If I navigate in SWDC to Installations and Upgrades - F" SAP Fiori" SAP Fiori for Suite" FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X2" FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X2 1.0 I only finde the component UIX02EAP, but I also read about UIEAAP01 for the second wave apps???

Thank you,

Igor

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Igor,

Please go through this.

UIEAAP01 is for latest Ehps and UIX02EAPis for old Ehps.

Thanks Masa for putting this down.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

thank you for your response. So the component on the gateway server dependent on the EHP of the Backend? What about an EHP Upgrade? So if upgrade my ERP System from EHP 6 to EHP 7 I also have to install UIEAAP01 on the gateway system?

thanks,

Igor

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Yes. it depends on backend EhP level and which app.

SAP Fiori - Add-on quick reference for transactional apps

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

But for backend components for the ERP, its not only sufficient to mention just the EhP level but as well the SPS level of the ERP components must be mentioned or checked.

Currently, I am in a situation fix with Report Quality Issue app, we have installed the front end component UIEAAP01 and our backend is ERP 6.0 EhP7, so as per the chart you pasted above in the link, i dont need any other backend component. But its not really true. We are no EHP7 SPS 03 and the EHP7 needs SPS 05 in the backend. So in my situation and we either have to upgrade the ERP components which is fairly cumbersome (in terms of operations/organizing/testing etc) or install the backend component "GBX02EAP" (i will go with this option right now)

However more details are provided on the page at the below link.

App Implementation: Report Quality Issue - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

So i would as well advise to update the patch levels (SPS) for the ERP components in the chart.

Regards,

Abhijeet Bhagat

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Please feel free to update the document. It is collaborative document and you can contribute providing more information to this SCN community.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG