Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username and password issue in SAP GUI logon-Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually I download the tx.sap file from my work system it downloads and opens the main screen directly.( password is disabled for us). Now when I connect from home(home system through VPN) ,i can download tx.sap file from my company's SAP web portal ,but when I open the same through SAP GUI on my system it pops up a password screen- the issue is my employee ID is already populated in the username tab, but when I provide my domain password (i tried all my passwords),it throws an error -you do not require a password, now when i try without a password it shows fill in all required entry fields. Please assist.

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it seems to me that your are using some SSO solution at work. Probably it's based on AD so when you log on to your workstation and authenticate against AD this information is used later to authenticate against SAP. In this scenario SAP does not know AD password. It trusts AD and accepts whatever comes from AD. It's also possible that your SAP account does not have password maintained in SAP and it can also be disabled for username/password logon. Hence your only option to log on is to use SSO. Username/password will not work.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you enter just the username, the network is not sure which "AD Domain" to contact tp authenticate you as a user. So you need to specify the domain name in any of the below 2 formats. Give it a try.

Format 1 - Username@Domain.com

Format 2 - DOMAIN\UserName

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You have to create the sap logon pad entry with SNC enabled. So please follow below steps to create the system entry with SNC, so that you it won't ask for user name/password when you try login from GUI.

- Create a New System entry with Connection type 'Group/Server selection'

- Input only 'Description' , 'System id' & 'Message server', then after you press TAB key, the 'Group server' & 'Instance comes.

-Then click Next and keep a tick mark on 'SNC Enable'. Save it and try login now.

Thanks

Sridhar