Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to repository Grayed out in IDT

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am unable to publish to repository in IDT. I undertand one needs to publish the connection first...but even its grayed out.

I was told I have full access.Since i am new to IDT i may have missed to do something prior to publishing ?

Any inputs highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link below for step by step process.

BOBJ Tricks: BI4.0 Information Design Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some screenshots of the issue?

Try adding a session in IDT and then check whether you are able to publish connections and universe.

-Niraj

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check the connection is connected to DB successfully or not

Project --> Double Click the connection --> Click on the Test Connection  And also check whether server is up or not.

Still you have issue can you please share the screen-shot with error message.

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivasulu,

Thanks for responding. My test connection is successful. I do not have any errors when publishing to repository, my problem is it takes hours for the published Universe to take effect of the changes...which i find very strange...but I am not sure why there is such problem.

Regards...

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also have same issue. To publish the universe to repository , it will take lot of time,

But universe changes will reflect into the webi immediately,

We requested network team and they have increase bandwidth and now little bit okay.

So please check with your network team.

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a little more information on this. When i directly export to Repository it automatically gives you option to save and you check it. But it may not work in 32 bit computers. It seems you need to save the Universe and then export it...Not sure how far its true but my Admin says so.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on 32 bit operating system.

Save BL and publish

Normally we can save the universe and then export to repository.

Without Save BL and publish

If you made changes and not saved before publish to repository.

Will get pop-up and ask select resource to save before publishing -> select the business layer and once you press the OK -> and then normal process  (Check integrity, Select the folder where we can store..etc )

In both the cases.....it will take lot of time, But universe changes will reflect into the webi immediately,