cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down in web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need a drop down in web UI pop up  so the user will select a value from the drop down and post it for the respective  event message .

how can i configure this drop down in event message pop up

Regards

ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

There are two ways to configure with drop down menu.

1) Via Control Parameters (This will defaulted to your value)

- Create Control Parameters

- Provide values to the Control Parameters

- Define your event message parameter with parameter name equal to control parameters

- Define event message parameter with parameter value and make sure you unchecked No Fixed Values

2) Via Search Help

- Define your own search help with the values you want and then assign that search help while defining event message with parameter value

Please let me know if its not work for you.

Thanks,

Kinjal Rathod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kinjal,

Can you elaborate on option 1? Especially following 2 steps:

- Define your event message parameter with parameter name equal to control parameters

(I assume this is in configuration 'Define Event Message Parameters'. Is this right?)

- Define event message parameter with parameter value and make sure you unchecked No Fixed

(I assume this is in configuration 'Configure Fields for User Profiles> Configure Fields for Event Messages'. Is this right? If yes, what should be 'Configured Field' - '=control parameters'? and 'EM Attribute ID' -  '= PARAMETER VALUE'?)

If you can post screen picture that will be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prajakta,

1) Yes this is to define event message parameter under configure event message parameters in Web Interface Transaction

2) You will have to first define group field and then you have to define 5 event message fields as mentioned below and assign created group field to each event message fields

EM Attribute ID

1) Parameteter Type

2) Parameter Action

3) parameter name - When you define Configured field for this parameter give default value as your control parameter that you have defined

4) parameter value

5) parameter index

I dont have system access right now. Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Kinjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kinjal

I dint worked ..even tried with event message parameter values .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Create a search help and assigned it to parameter value. That will work for you.

Thanks,

Kinjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kinjal

May be i am asking you a basic one ..where i can create a search help in the system..is it a config or dev

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

As its development effort, you can ask ABAP team to create search help for you and then you can assign it to the configuration.

Thanks,

Kinjal Rathod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi - I would recommend reading thread

Regards,
Jonathan Hansen

Answers (0)