cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: E:SISE_CONF:494

Former Member
0 Kudos

When attempting to connect an SAP system to Solution Manager, I am getting the following error on the 'Connect Managed System' step.

Error: E:SISE_CONF:494

I've tried deleting all existing RFCs on the page and reset the page, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What do I need to do to track down the details of the error? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tinkered with it a bit and finally got a better error stating that the managed system's ST-PI SP level needed to be 08 or higher. Updating this resolved the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi, I'm having that same error but our system has the ST-PI at SP9 (in both SolMan and the Managed System), how did you got more information on what was causing the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't remember. The message that stated that I needed SP 08 or higher wasn't on the same configuration page that I received the E:SISE_CONF:494 error. I believe I skipped that page continued to try and connect the diagnostics agent and at some point it told me I needed SP 08. After I upgraded that the other page worked as well.

BTW, I also upgraded to the latest version of the Diagnostics Agent. Uninstalled the old one and installed the current one. Perhaps that may fix the error as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The same situation for our system with ST-PI SP9. Have you found any solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turned that It has nothing to do with ST-PI SP level.

The actual text of this error: SISE_CONF 494: SAP Service Delivery is active, a working BACK RFC connection is needed

Check post-processing manual activites for the note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1964058

Missed that by innatention when installing the note...
So the problem was fixed after regeneration of

medved
Participant
0 Kudos

Big thank you for the detailed analysys of this error, successefully fix it!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The 494 error means the BACK RFC is needed. Could you please check if

there is a BACK RFC existed and working correctly?  In

addition, implement note 1964058. There's a manual step that needs to

be completed as well.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. When I test the BACK RFC connection on two of our servers through SM59, it results in an error. I assume this is normal.

The SAP note 1964058 basically said to implement note 0001875627 which is already current.

I did notice that on the Managed System Configuration page, there is a RFC for SAP Solution Manager called NONE for Client 000. I cannot delete that connection. Perhaps this is the culprit?