Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access sequence requirement for output control

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to get some inputs on how access requirement for output control works. I created a new requirement for a condition table that has key combination billing type/sales org/country because I need to restrict the output for a paticular customer in one country. I think the requirement works fine such that it is not fulfilled for the customer that I want ot restrict, thus no output is created. However, I noticed that other customers in that sales org/country are affected by the requirement. The output is created (sy-subrc=0) but it is not processed (remains in yellow status). The output should be emailed immediately upon creation (medium 5/timing 4). For other sales org/countries the creation of output and sending of email work as expected.

I hope someone have valuable inputs regarding this.

Note: I created this discussion under ABAP development but it was rejected, for reason: This does not appear to be an ABAP question. So I hope I have selected the correct one with SD.

Cholen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is Output determination log available in the output screen (see the menu). It tells everything about how the output was proposed.

If the requirement is not fulfilled, you won't see output created with any color - yellow, red or purple with sparkles. If output has been proposed and has a yellow light it means it has not been processed yet. Output is processed only after the document has been saved, so while creating the document, you'll never see any other color. If after saving the document output is still yellow, it must have a different timing than 'process immediately' and it will be processed according to that setting.

This is a very simple concept, well documented and discussed gazillion of times on SCN. Requirements and conditions are two different things with different purposes. You might want to read a bit more on the output determination.

Thank you.

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thank you. This is exactly why I know the requirement is not fulfilled for the customer I want to restrict - because there is no output, with any color. But the issue is now for the customers that should 'fulfill' the requirement. For those, the output need to be created and emailed immediately. The creation of output is ok, but the immediate emailing is not. i hope this clarifies the scenario.

Cholen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, this is not a rocket science and has been discussed on SCN many times. Does your output have 'immediate processing' yet somehow did not get processed (=turned green)? That would be a mystery worthy of sending a message to SAP. If your output have other processing option then, naturally, that option (background job / 'own transaction' ) must be executed to process the output. If the output was processed but email not sent then this is a different issue entirely (and not an SD one but has been discussed on SCN as well). There are other programs that need to run to actually send the email (and those normally don't run in the test environment). See your Basis administrator about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cholen,

If i understand your requirement correctly, then maintain the key combination as "billing type/sales org/country/Sold-to" - along with the Requirement you assign - this might work.

Regards

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is an option, maybe the last resort if nothing else would work. But that would require creation and maintenance of a new condition table.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you go into output screen, press "Ctrl + F1" and share here what message system is popping up.

I noticed that other customers in that sales org/country are affected by the requirement

Where did you notice this?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Before adding the requirement, the output is green including for the customer we want to restrict. Now the output is not created for that customer (no Z001 entry) but for other customers, I see below. The output is there but not processed automatically. I would need to save the document again, then it will be sent.