cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDMC - Activate Statistics Collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question related to CDMC Statistics Collection.It is not clear for me, after activate the collection what are the periods to evaluate and period type?

Please can you clarify?

Best Regards,

Zsuzsanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

So, If I set up period to evaluate 3 and period type M, the statistical data from st03n will be moved in every 3 month to the solution manager database table with the usage information?

If I set up 1D, then the data will be transported in every day?

If I schedule the CNV_CDMC_CA_COLLECT_STAT_700 job (I think this job collects information from st03n) on every week (1W), in this case, these collected information cannot be transported to solution manager in every week, but these information will be collected in cdmc database table in the managed system, and according to the period to evaluate and type these data will be imported to the solman.

Is this right only in case of CNV_CDMC_CA_COLLECT_STAT_700 job or any kind of job as well (I am thinking about CNV_CDMC_CA_COLLECT_TAB_STAT and CNV_CDMC_CA_EVAL_SHORTDUMP)?

If I execute a CA project, this project will be updated according to the new information or not, and I have to create always a new project?

It is not clear for me. Can you clarify please?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Zsuzsanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zsuzsanna,

As shown in the screenshot in my first reply it will take input as per the given period and perid type and will fetch usage statistics data for the given time period but to shcedule the same for every three months you need to give inout in the next pop-up screen here you can give input to schedule three different jobs for future as per your requirement, According to the period and period type given these jobs will be scheduled and run in the statistics/production system and will update usage information in the CDMC table in the statistics system.

According to the given input it will schedule jobs and run in the statistics/produdction system , if you give 1 day then job will run daily and will update and store usage statistics data in the CDMC database table in the statistics system itself and not in Solution manager system.

This data will only get imported in the solman when you create and execute new Clearing analysis project and execute activities in the same.

If you are expecting the latest usage results then yes,you need to create new CDMC Clearing Analysis project every time as this usage information will not get updated automatically in the CDMC project.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritish,

Thanks for the clarification, it is clear for me now.

Just one more question. I have information about CDMC is able to analyze more than 3 month data. It means ST03N can store only 3 month data and the deltas which coming from st03n months by months (if I schedule CNV_CDMC_CA_COLLECT_STAT_700 as 1 M) are also stored in CDMC database table in managed system. Is it correct? I mean this database table does not include data deletion, only data collection months by months.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Zsuzsanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zsuzsanna,

ST03N can store the statistics as per the settings done in the managed system. It is not like it will only store the information for 3 month it can be even more than that.

In CDMC while activating the statistics collection in the 'Global Settings' phase if you give time frame period as 1 months then it will take statistics from ST03N and will store in CDMC table.

You can also give time frame more than one month but you should make sure that this statistics available in ST03N first.

There is no deletion for the table which stores the statistics information in the managed system.

Please let me know if this is clear or not ?

You can also give some points if found the given answer helpful.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the default settings, where system collects the last 3 months data from st03n and move to cdmc tables, it also depends on st03n data, if your st03n has 2 month info then, the first run of statistics jobs hold only 2 months data for analysis. Due to regular monthly statistics collection,CDMC can hold more than 3 months data for analysis.

We had wonderful discussion on this, check out

also review the latest note 1478324, question 6.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zsuzsanna,

In transaction CNV_CDMC when user executes activity 'Activate Statistics Collection' in the Global Settings phase, You can see the first pop-up screen 'Maintain Systems For Statistics Collection' after entering the statistics system once click on the activate Icon you get the following pop-up screen:

Here Period to evaluate and Period type is to give input for what period you want to get the usage data for the customer objects for that particular statistics/production system. Here in the screenshot you can see input given as 3 and period type is M which is stand for months ,similarly you can also give it with the number of Weeks and Days.

While scheduling the banckground jobs to collect the statistics data and store it in the CDMC database table, it will take this input and for the same period it will collect the usage statistics from the standard transaction ST03N.

In this example it will collect the usage statistics for the 3 months that is for past 3 months.

You can also refer SAP Note 1316694 for more information.

Best Regards,

Pritish