cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Material field Validation on submit btn need to get canceled submit event on error

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on MDG Material UI Validation for a no of fields spread across the application on given business logic that need to checked on submit or save or check button .

I implemented these validation in the form feeder super class /PLMU/CL_FRW_G_FEEDER_FORM method IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DATA  post exit enhancement .

and when the error comes am appending to et_messages of feeder class. but not able to stop the submit event ?

one way that is working to cancel the event by setting value  EV_RESULT = 'FAILED'. class /PLMU/CL_FRW_G_FEEDER_FORM method IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~PROCESS_EVENT  .

but next time when we press any button like check it submitting the CR so again no use.

Is there any solution for this issue ?

Please help me as I tried all known thing of FPM as I am a FPM guy have small knowledge of MDG.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any one who can give some reasonable reply on my question else any one don't get my question please let me know .

I am in a very hard situation, Please reply even if there is any workaround .

Thanks in advance.

ashutosh

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As abdullah suggested the document, BRF+ tool is used to validate and derive MDG UI fields as per your business rules.

MDG BRF is closely integrated with your MDG UI where your UI fields can be validated by following the steps in the above document. You don't need to enhance or modify the existing MDG feeder classes if your requirment is to check fields on UI. All derivations and validations are handled right here in BRF.

Assuming you are not aware of BRF..and the best way to start with a simple example like below

Ex: If Material Type is not ZFIN on Basic Data UIBB, Throw error message on UI.

The field is MTART and it's under Data Model Entity MATERIAL.

Now Go to T-Code BRF+ and follow the guide as above specific to your scenario. Above guide gives clear steps.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Praveen

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be using BRF+(TCode) Derivations and Validation rules for this.

Thanks

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I don't know this way so can you be more derivative for your reply .

Former Member
0 Kudos

please see this document: