cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori - Launchpad: Tile Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fellow Members,

Currently, while using a custom made theme via UI Theme Designer for Launchpad, we fail to load the same custom made theme to individual tiles. Once any tile is launched, it opens up using the default theme.

Can someone please support us in identifying the way to fix this issue and have the tiles (individual apps) replicate the same theme that is being consumed by the Launchpad? (Hint: where is the Launchpad pulling the Target URL for the tiles from?)

Awaiting reply!

Thank You

Nikisha Singh

SAP Mobility Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikisha,

What is UI add-on SP and SAPUI5 library version?

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

The UI Add on are all on SP - 08

SAPUI5 Library Version is at sap.ui.version - 1.20.06..

Rgds,

Nikisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mike,

Thanks for volunteering to help. I already did put the Launchpad link along with the Theme Designer URL at the end before I raised this query.

I am still facing the same issue. Only the Launchpad is showing up Theme and not the individual apps (in tiles).

One thing worth noticing is that whenever I am launching a tile, it is opening another browser window and not showing me in the same window from where I launched it. And needless to say the new window is successfully opening the app, for ex: Leave Approval and showing the pending leaves but (1) Opening in new tab (2) Not replicating the theme.

Is there something I must do in the Catalogue Builder etc, while creating the tile??

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you need to have a look at

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As recommended, review the discussion he posted.  Normally, the tile opens in the same window as the Launchpad, so I would say that the issue is not with Theme Designer, but the disconnection between Launchpad and the application being opened separately.

Cheers, Mike

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikisha,

In that case, your tile definition or target mapping is incorrect. Please upload the screenshot. I guess semantic object is not used.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

See the below screenshot for the settings for Leave Req App tile in the catalogue builder:

Former Member
0 Kudos
masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikisha,

I see the action and service URL are incorrect. Are you sure it is delivered one from SAP? or Did you cretate it manually? Please use SAP standard one.

Please also upload the Target Mapping screenshot.

I guess you have not installed UIX01HCM. Please double check you have installed correct components.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

1) The Action was put Manually - not sure what to fill in that field. Service URL was picked up from Catalogue Administration - Approve Leave Request. See below -

2) See the Target Mapping Screenshot:

3) UIX01HCM - has not been installed. We are at GW 2.0 NW 7.02

Rgds,

Nikisha

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikisha,

Finally we found the root cause.

Root cause was you have not installed UIX01HCM.

Please use new UI with new SAP Fiori launchpad

Regards, Masa

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikisha,

How are you invoking the new theme you created?

For a simple test, you can do a modification to the Launchpad url which overrides the built in theme.

Go to the system with the theme repository and use t-code /n/ui5/theme_tool/

Find your theme in the list and click on the tab labeled Info.

Two lines will show up.  Hit Ctrl-Y to copy the first one (entire line).

Paste that at the end of the Launchpad url (making sure syntax is correct).  That should override the assigned theme and work for each app that you invoke from a tile in Launchpad.

Good luck, Mike

For more information on Theme Designer, go to and select the Theme Designer tab