cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate daily sapgui checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Every morning, we run nearly 20 transactions via SAPGUI, to check the state of our SAP systems.

Our need is to found a manner, to schedule these 20 transactions every day at 6 a.m and when we arrive at 8 a.m, we collect the output of these transactions.

To achieve this goal how can we proceed ?

here is a simple example to simplify our need ( 2 transactions in place of 20!) :

1) Transaction SM50 ( wich doesn't need any input)

2) Transaction SM21 with two inputs From Date/Time=yesterday 8pm and To Date/Time=Today 7a.m.

How can we schedule these two transactions at 6a.m to be able to recuperate their outputs when we arrive at 8a.m ?

( of course, if we can do this, we can do the same thing for our 20 transactions).

We are agree, If we should use paid tools or develop scripts  .... any idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Our need :

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Majda Laiti,

What type of output you are expecting?

For example : Just a screenshot of SM50 tcode to be saved in a specified location?

You can monitor your system through Solution manager as well and can generate a reports for the system, but I guess the standard way of checking the health via single Tcodes are not possible there.

Cisco Tidal Intelligent Automation (TIA) provides you the solution for Admin automation with inbuilt Vb scripts.

We can get an output similar to your requirement using the scripting provided by SAP GUI, sample attached for logging in to a sap system and get to SM50 screen. ( I know the script requires manual input for some dialog windows, trying to learn myself to automate that too). save the below file in .vbs format and execute.

Regards,

Dillip