cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logs are not generating from Dialog Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing issue that no logs are generating for the jobs which are running from Dialog Instance but there is no issue with Central Instance. I checked the space no issue with space. I checked with our OS admin about read/write permissions it is also fine, we are on ECC 6.0 Ehp 5 and OS is Linux and database is Oracle. Please help me in tracing and resolving the issue.

Regards,

Thirupathi.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Can you kindly check /sapmnt/global folder is shared among your DI and CI.

touch a  in global folder login via DI instance.

and then check respective file created or not from CI.

This sounds like a issue of shared mount point, we faced this issue earlier and solution was /sapmnt/global was not properly shared among CI and DI.

You may require downtime for adjusting NFS mount point , please check with your UNIX/system team.

Thanks,

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you to all for your quick replies in resolving our issue. Our issue got resolved as per James reply we checked our mounting status and found  it is not mounted properly from DI we took down time and our OS team mounted /sapmnt/SID/global from DI now we can able to read logs from DI.

Regards,

Thirupathi.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your valuable information. We checked mounting status  it seems to be a mounting issue we are working on it once completes I will update on it.

Regards,

Thirupathi.T

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thirupathi,

To know where the logs are generated look out for executing server for the background job.

It looks like /sapmnt is not shared across CI and DI and hence logs could not be read from either of the server. Please share /sapmnt with appropriate permission and then check the results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You have to check for the job logs under folder /sapmnt/<SID>/global

please log into DI server and check if you can read/write the above path .

Also,do you have any error in the job status if please paste the error.

Regards,

Srini

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Where exactly are you checking for the job logs ?

Are the jobs getting executed on the application server ?

What is the status of the job ?

RB