Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Data Maintenance

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

There is a Work Center called Mass Data Maintenance. That Work Center contains Export and Import of Customer and Materials.

I want to know how to use them.

Is it possible for exporting and importing other standards BO like Sales Order using this option?

Regards,

May T.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi May T,

Export and Import are basically used to migrate data out or into the system. There will be a template to be followed for each object.

I believe the objects you see there are the objects for with SAP had provided mass data maintenance. And for other Standard objects I think the other way is using a Web service if any exists or you can also create a Custom BO with the fields you want to pass to standard BO and then create a MDR for it and  create the instances from the MDR.

PS:You can also raise an incident asking SAP about this, may be they have a better solution.

Regards

Vinod

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vinod

SAPjedi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinod, we have to qualify the part about migration data into the system.

I have 2 different confirmation that for the inbound part, it's only for UPDATE.  In other words, the data is imported from the Data Migration files or manually entered, and MDM is used to update data afterwards.   It cannot import data actually.

Tim.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Tim.

So, I can use MDM just for UPDATE.

No new instances can be added to the BO.

Regards,

May T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Eaxctly, MDM is used only for the update purpose and for adding new Instance.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishna,

You told me MDM is used only for the update purpose and at the same time "for adding new instance" .

Sorry I don't get it.

Best Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Sorry for wrong sentence, actually i was writing that MDM is used only for the update purpose and not for adding new Instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have three way of modifying STANDARD data in a mass mode in C4C:

- initial loading

- data migration

- mass data maintanance

I will explain you in detail each of these ways. There is also another way (xml file import) for custom data but is not interesting in this context.

Initial loading

is an  integration process between on premise system and c4c that is performed when the system starts. This integration is valid only for the following objects: accounts, contacts, products and is done via webservices.

Data migration (link: https://my*.crm.ondemand.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/dmc_ap_overview?category=92&sap-language=IT#)

Business Configuration -> Implem. proj. -> Data migration

Is like the initial loading, but is not completely automatic: is performed using txt/excel files (not webservices), and can be done for almost each standard object in the c4c. In this case you need to insert a "fake id" for each row you are going to import, just to identify each row and the relationship between them, but during the import, the system will simply ignore it, generating a new ID.

Mass data maintanance (link: https://my3*.crm.ondemand.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/dmc_ap_overview?category=92&mwb_mode=ROUNDTRIP#)

Work Center "Mass Data Maintanance" on the home screen

You can find the mass data maintanance details in the official guide at page 369.

The "MDM" is completely different than the initial load and data migration (even though the UI interface is exactly the same of the data migration): is just a way to modify a large amount of data, and is done via text/excel files.

In this case you need to insert an ID for each row you are going to modify, and this ID must exist on the C4C.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation, Alessandro.

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Sorry to raise this again.

I want to mass change Fixed Assets.

Is it possible to add Fixed Asset to Mass Data Maintenance?

Or is there any other option?

I have already raised a thread - .

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred sorry for delay, I think you can do it by using a custom business object and enabling a mass upload + MDR on this

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mass Data maintenance for example is used to mass upload products in C4C. But I have a requirement where I need to upload multiple products through excel into the existing opportunity.How I can achieve this functionality? I believe mass data maintenance will not help me in this case.

Thanks

Saruchi

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Saruchi,

You want to update existing opportunities with newly uploaded products?

See the last answer from .

Bye,

Horst