Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Profile in SCN

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently came across a fake profile. What is SCN doing about these. don't mean to hurt any body but this goes against the guidelines of SCN.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your concern .

Member management issues such as this are best handled offline so please send you report to sapnetwork@sap.com and it will be directed to SCN's user management team to be investigated offline.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Whether Katrice's profile is fake or not I have found her contribution in the GRC community quite valuable.

There is an ever-occurring debate about anonymity in SCN with no simple answer. But there also needs to be recognition of people with alternative names. Hey, my profile could be considered fake if you compared my name to User Id.

Regards

Colleen

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Your User Id is same as your Screen Name, i am just making a point to make SCN Better, & what is the use of Anonymity on this portal, i mean it is not a social networking site.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

My user Id is M.Lee and My screen name is Colleen Lee - both are my name: http://scn.sap.com/people/m.lee

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So what it is just the Display name which is changed, He/She is registered with some name and Display Name is different. I can change my display name at any time i want..

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyesh,

how you come to know about this profile, its fake is there any proof of it.

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Then why is SCN suggesting us to upload profile pics so that there may be more clarity for the user

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. But it is not mandatory. I know it comes under The SCN Rules of Engagement | SCN

Option 2. Be yourself.

But as you know, some normal peoples think that they are special person and they don't want to show their picture.

And about your concern.

When you will create account, then the profile link is created. And the link is linked to your user name.

Then if you change the user name, the link will still same as it was.

May be when the user created his/her profile, at that time (s)he wants to hide her/his name.

But now he has written his original (or again fake name) name.

Or can be vice-versa.

SCN will take a step when they will find some wrong activity for the profile. Otherwise, name donesn't matter.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyesh,

please understand one thing, as told by others that Display name can be anything,, and you can change it, so its not a more objectionable matter if someone is using his name by others, yes according to ROE, you should be original but its not mandatory if Display name is concerned.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Often fake accounts are being used for cheating or trolling, but some "real people" choose to not reveal their identity for various reasons (e.g. employer doesn't like it that much time is spent on SCN...), so you have to look at the contributions coming from the accounts.

Astronaut Dr. David Bowman