cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of BOM Type=Shop Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have noticed that, in SAP ME, I have the possibility of setting a BOM as Type=Shop Order.

In the help I have read that this makes some checks in the background of the system when a
BOM is transferred from SAP ERP.

Can I use this BOM Type also if I am transferring BOM's from a totally different ERP supplier?
Our current ERP interface is today transferring only Master BOM's with Web-service, but we
plan on starting using Shop Order specific BOM's in the near future.

Best regards,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I don't see any problem about it. As long as you specify the correct value for this type in the request, it does not really matter from where it comes.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

From the SAP ME Help:

"BOM Type

During the import of a Production order coming from SAP ERP, the system
compares a Master BOM with the Production order BOM.
If differences are identified, a shop order-specific BOM is created. If an SFC
number of a shop order has specific component specifications, an SFC BOM is created.

Note that an SFC BOM takes precedence over a Shop Order BOM and then a Shop Order BOM takes precedence over a Master BOM"

When it says "the system compares", is this something that happens always by default in the BOM web-service when a BOM is transferred even though it is not imported from SAP ERP?

Best regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

It depends on what interface is used (there are ERP webservices), order type and on ERP Integration System Rule. Also, checking should happen against Order web-service and not BOM.

Basically, you can simulate SAP ERP intgration using SOAP UI tool and corresponding ERP web-service requests. So, once you use the same requests and put correct BOM type value, it does not really matter from where it comes.

Br, Alex.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan,

SAP ECC integration uses(ed) /manufacturing-erpservices that are slightly different from /manufacturing-services. Therefore you might observe slightly different behavior in terms of BOM importing and updates. To my knowledge, erpservices facilitate more complex logic in this regard and thus in one case you might see SO specific BOM created and just master BOM uprev in another.

KC