Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Bo and HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Reg. BO and HANA  :

Are you currently working on a project using both front/end tools ( BO and HANA) ? If yes, Could you please explain me how HANA is being used as ? I mean , are you using it for administration? or development tool or database tool ?

I am confused with SAP HANA because of its vast complexity structure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208246
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Both HANA and BO varies in each other. HANA is a Database just like the relational database SQL Server and Oracle. We can model the data in HANA using the SAP HANA MODELER, which is extensively used for creating views(Attribute view, Analytic view and Calculation view).

To generate the reports we use the front end tool as WEBI, Crystal Reports & Design Studio. We cannot consume the data directly from the database to the front end tools. We need to create a semantic layer(Universe) to pull the data from the database since we need to consume through views in HANA.

Thanks and regards

Sanjay

Ram7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As you rightly pointed, I think to answer your question an exhaustive study has to be undertaken. In my project we are using HANA for development and BOs (Eg: WebI, Design Studio) are used as reporting tools.

So, we are developing HANA models in HANA Studio from there the views are consumed via OLAP connection to BO tools. This is one of modest way to use both HANA and BO.

Hope this helps.