cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Version Upgarde plan prerequisistes required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently we are planning our 3 Portal Systems upgrade  to NW7.31.

the system details are below

1.NW7.02(Dual Stack)Portal with ess/mss ,sso, ads configured to the Back end ECC system with version ECC6EHP4

2.NW7.0 (Dual stack)Portal with ess/mss ,sso, ads configured to the Back end ECC system with version ECC6EHP4

3.NW 7.02 Java Stack Portal with ads,sso,uwl configured to the Back end ECC system with version ECC6EHP4

Please provide me the prerequisites to upgrade to the NW731 version especially what is the back end version should match with NW731.

is it ok to go for Upgrade to the NW731 with Back end ECC6EHP4 or else Back end System also needs to upgrade to the latest one.

Please guide me in this.

Regards,

Samba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivarao,

You may take help from Upgrade dependency Analyzer tool from SAP to determine the pre-requisites on connected system and their respective impacts.

www.service.sap.com/uda

Also look out for PAM for OS/DB platform support pre-requisites for the upgraded environment.

www.service.sap.com/PAM

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

You may take help from Upgrade dependency Analyzer tool from SAP to determine the pre-requisites on connected system and their respective impacts.

can u please give me some more guide lines on above uda. because when i open the uda from our suser id it is just showing from  which source to target. it is not showing dependencies on our connected systems.

And please share the information about how we will know the which backend version mathces to the portal , if we upgrade to nw731 version.

Regards,

Samba.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My previous answer was based on the UDA recommendation.

You just need to select the target component (the system to be upgraded to the target version) and the existing component (the systems which are connected the system to be upgraded).

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can upgrade the portal to NetWeaver 7.31 with the ECC 6.0 EHP4 keeping the back-end systems at the same level.

To know the prerequisites for the upgrade you may read the upgrade guide.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/instguidesnw73

Regards

RB