Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 7.4, BEx and ExtraLong Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you help me with my problem?

In BW 7.4 I use ExtraLong Texts (up to 1333 symbols), but my BEx request displays only 250 symbols of this text. Does anyone know, how to fix it? Or should I write directly to SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW version 7.4 support TXTLG = RSTXTXL = 1333 length. 

SAP BW version 7.4 is not supporting BEx tool, so there will be no question Extra-long length there.

Please find the below note for discontinued query features in 7.40.

1911469 - Check report for discontinued query features in 7.40

-

Regards

Mallikajuna

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where did you read that BEx is no longer supported in 7.40??? That note you're referring to mentions only features like "Constant Selection with Append" and "Formulas before Aggregation" as no longer supported. Nowhere does it says that Bex, or even XXL texts for that matter, are not supported in Bex either.

My client is on 7.40 SP5 and still uses Bex extensively without any issue, so I'm not sure why your answer is shown as the correct one.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anastasia,

If you haven't already done it, please have a look at OSS note 1957313 - IOBJ: Prerequisites for XXL InfoObjects

SAP released a new version (#20) yesterday so I highly recommend you to apply that latest version and try again. If it still doesn't, I would recommend you to open a customer message with SAP's support.

Regards,

Sebastien Francal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anastasia!

To handle long texts, this is what you can do:

1. Add 3 or 4 attributes to the Master data Text infoobject. Say each of them of 60 char length. You can use existing infoobjects as well. No need to create new ones.

2. In the transformation of attributes of this Master data Infoobject, write routines for each of these new attributes individually.

attr 1 = longtext(60) + 60

attr 2 = longtext(120) + 60 and so on

3. In your report now, you can concatenate all these attributes along with longtext to get the full text.

Regards,

Srilakshmi B

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

other way you can split the values for different objects (3 or 4 objects)

develop the filed level routines you can achieve easily.

i did not worked on the BW 7.4 query designer - if will get chance i will come back.

Thanks,

Phani.

sriramvijay_ravidoss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume symbols you have mentioned as Characters and the BEx request you mentioned as BEx report.

if so, Whether you are displaying Key or Text in your Info object. Because in BW 7.4, Lenth of Key of an Infoobject is extended upto 255 chars only.

-Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, sorry for my lack of terminology on english.

And what about texts up to 1333 characters? Here I found, that text can be up to 1333 characters in length, if I choose the long text as Extra Long. So why BEx displays only 250 of them?