cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogenous System copy. Forcing R3load to redo one phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do a homogenous system copy of a BI 7.3 system. during the import there were some issues with specific indexes (indices) and i tried several things but could not solve the issue. finally out of desperation, i changed the xeq to ign in the SAPDFACT.TSK file. unfortunately instead of changing one entry i changed 1280 entries and all of them were not indexes. the system copy went ahead to the phase where the SAP System has started. however when i connect to SAP at the connection prompt itself i get "SAP System Message, Table is unknown or does not exist".

now i could restart the system copy, but i was wondering if there is a clever way to force R3load to import these tables that i have marked as ign in the SAPDFACT.TSK file.

Any ideas ?

regards

Shirish Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the import process you said "Ignore" for all these entries. Process did whatever you directed.

I don't think system takes care of the things wherever we forgot/did wrong!

Do the system copy again to get the data, it gives you the consistent system.

Good day.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. I am not blaming the system. I was thinking if there is a way to do this without doing the whole install again. this is a sandbox system i am trying to install so i dont mind cutting corners a little bit.

I just want to know the R3load command which will do the SAPDFACT.TSK file again. i have changed the ign back to xeq.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirish,

I just want to know the R3load command which will do the SAPDFACT.TSK file again. i have changed the ign back to xeq.

There is a way to execute R3load for a single package as your desire.You may check for relevant R3load command from the SAPDFACT.log file.

But....as you have already made your database up and application up, running this command at this point of time is not recommended as it may lead to inconsistency.

Suggestion: Re-start the entire import again.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deepak Kori