cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration check error: The SMD Agent is not able to connect the Satellite System (J2EE stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Getting the below error in step 10 (configuration check) in managed system configuration.

The SMD Agent is not able to connect the Satellite System (J2EE stack).

Please check the JAVA Connect Parameters provided in the Managed System Setup Wizard for this
System.

java.rmi.RemoteException.P4 Connection failed -
P4AuthorizationException -
com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4AuthorizationException:
Access is denied to SAP System sid [XYZ/null]: check the connection
credentials.More details about the error in agent 'xyz' log file
(SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot
authenticate the user.

The SMD log file referred to in the log above gives the same information and not anything much useful.

Any idea what could be the reason for the above error?

Thanks,

Arindam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue today. The user SM_ADMIN_<SID> that is supposed to get created automatically in step 6 "Create users" was not created. Hence the SMD agent was not able to connect to the J2EE stack. I got the user created with appropriate roles and then the configuration check worked fine.

Thanks,

Airnd

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I am using an admin user with the same set of roles as in production where this is working fine. I also did "test logon" check in step 3 and there it says logon test successful.

Thanks,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thaks for your suggestions. I chcked the note 182020, but the issue described in the note is for error byte code adapter installation whcih is not my case. The byte cde adapter intallation has been successful in our solman system All the steps from 1 to 9 are green. Only in step 10, check cniguration I am getting the above error.

The logon test wth the user id in step 3 "Enter system parameters" is successful. The message server port is also correct.

Hi Khaja,

I went to the links as suggestedby you but there its about a ifferent error message "Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.". I am not getting any such kind of error.
All I am getting is this -

The SMD Agent is not able to connect the Satellite System (J2EE stack).

Please check the JAVA Connect Parameters provided in the Managed System Setup Wizard for this System.

java.rmi.RemoteException.P4 Connection failed -
P4AuthorizationException -
com.sap.smdagent.plugins.connectors.p4.exceptions.P4AuthorizationException:
Access is denied to SAP System sid [XYZ/null]: check the connection
credentials.More details about the error in agent 'xyz' log file
(SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:
com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot
authenticate the user.

Thanks,

Arindam

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

Which user you are using in step 3 of Enter system parameter?

With Regards

Ashutosh

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the sap note    1820230 - Byte Code Adapter Installation error in Solution Manager 7.1 Managed System Configuration step Configure Automatically

thanks,

Jansi